Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What will you name your kids?

Ooooh but someone did name their daughter Apple! I cant think of who it was at the moment.
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 07-21-2006 at 02:39 AM.

Gwenyth Paltrow is the one who named her daughter Apple.

Aha! See I told ya! Someone was crazy enough to name their kid Apple! Gosh...I should have known it was Gwen lol.

When I was young I swore I would never have children. Now that I am with my husband I cannot WAIT to have children together. Everyone says it's weird to hear me talk about having kids after all my talk of no kids lol.

Teenagers are ignorant and unrespectful because of parents. You need to teach them from day ONE how to behave appropriately. To say please and thank you etc. Also most parents don't set an example for their kids. If you are telling your kids to say please and thank you and hold doors or whatever you better be doing it yourself. Monkey see monkey do.

I like the name tegan someone mentioned. Thats really nice for a boy.

Someone also mentioned Ryan for a girl. LOVE IT. if I have a girl (I want all boys lol)
    I want to name her Ryan.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

We already have a girl, Miriam Evelyn (Mimi for short), but if we have another we are tossed up between Bridget or Abigail. Abigail is fairly common at the moment so we probably won't go with that.

For a boy, Ian Oliver is #1 on our list. Hubby's name is John Oliver and Ian is Russian for John I've been told so Hubby would have his Jr. without the Jr.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

I have two kids and a grandson......son's name is Cory James and my daughter's name is Ashley Marie, grandson's name is Dakota Kade.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    No kids for me either. But, when I was little, I decided I was going to have triplet girls. Their names would be April, May and June.

A few years later I decided I would have 1 girl and her name would be Cathryne (after my Mother) Anastasia. With my last name, that would make her initials CAT.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

For a boy I like Luke and Morgan... and Jake. For a girl I like Gracie.

My cousin is going to have her baby August 2nd and his name will be Hayden. I really like that name.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Our first daughter (whose picture we are hoping to see any day now) will be Mary Joyce. She will also have a second middle name, to be determined after referral.

Other girls' names: Catherine, Emily

Boys' names: Malcom (family spelling), David, Grant

My son is Aidan Joshua. Not sure what we'll name another boy. Possibly Gabriel. Or I may bite the bullet and use Benjamin and not give a rat's @$$ what anyone else says.

For girls, I love Lila Elisabeth, Rachel Victoria and Katharine Grace (Kate for short).

Olivia for a girl, possibly Olivia Lynn.

Boys, can't decide.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    Teenagers are ignorant and unrespectful because of parents.
    I disagree. Friends have a lot to do with it. My brother and I grew up with the same parents in the same house, but we are polar opposites. He did/does drugs, drinks, parties, gets arrested, etc. Two years ago he went to a party and got gang beaten and now he's got a brain injury.

Me, I do none of that stuff. My parents did all they could for my brother (and still do now for his injury), but friends and environment have so much to do with it. Parents can only do so much without sheltering their child.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    I disagree. Friends have a lot to do with it. My brother and I grew up with the same parents in the same house, but we are polar opposites. He did/does drugs, drinks, parties, gets arrested, etc. Two years ago he went to a party and got gang beaten and now he's got a brain injury.

Me, I do none of that stuff. My parents did all they could for my brother (and still do now for his injury), but friends and environment have so much to do with it. Parents can only do so much without sheltering their child.

first, I am a moron lol I can't believe I said unrespectful. I know it's disrespectful.

I am sorry about your brother. While I do agree that friends influence teens A LOT there still has to be a moral center built and supported by the parents. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Really though when drugs come into play it really doesn't matter about what they were taught they aren't in any right state of mind to think about anything other than the drugs. Outside of drugs I think parents can do A LOT to keep their kids on the right path.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com