Thread: Dobbie Puppy

Dobbie Puppy

I have been seeing this dobbie puppy off and on over the last couple of weeks. One of the neighbor kids had said it was his dog. When the pup turned up in my yard tonight skinner then before and covered in fleas, I sent my kids down to the house he supposedly belonged to. The people there are not claiming the pup.

So, I now have an 8-10 week old red dobbie puppy in our kitchen. We already have two dogs and are living in a rental, so we can not keep him. I have contacted a Dobbie rescue here in Louisiana. They will take him IF he is full-blooded.

I can't prove that he is all I can do is take a picture (which I will buy a disposable tomorrow) and send it to them. I have told them I will hold him for two days until they decide, but then I will have to take him to the local shelter.

I don't know if this is a high kill shelter or not. He looks full-blooded and is very outgoing and cute. So he should be easily adoptable, but ya never know.

If anyone is interested or knows of anyone who is interested, please PM me. I really don't want to take him to the shelter, but it is my only option if the Dobbie rescue doesn't think he is worthy to take in.

I will post pictures when I get them.

Maybe Megan will take him/her.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Here are the pics:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1715989

As hot as it is right now, my preference is for the local rescue to take him in. It is just way too hot to have to be traveling very far by car or to travel at all in a plane. But I have seen way too many strays, abandoned, homeless dogs in this area to have much faith in the animal shelter finding a good home. So I have posted him on the chance the rescue won't take him.

Please look at the photos above and let me know what you think of him being purebred or not.

hope you find someone to take the pup

What a cute puppy! I have known some Dobe's and they can be great dogs, but they are a lot of work. My guess is the little boy's family found that out and figured they would turn the pup lose to find a new home rather than go to the trouble of taking it to a shelter or finding a rescue. What a great lesson to teach your kids-puppy is work, dump it.

And I am disappointed to hear that the rescue won't take the pup if it isn't Doberman enough. I looked into rescue when we got our puppy and lots of breed rescues take in dogs that are only in that breed by a remote chance-some even take dogs of similar background (like other sporting dogs) when there aren't other options. I really hope that the breed rescue will step in and help or that you can find a no kill shelter. But puppy's do place faster in many cases so I think someone will take the little fella if he goes to the shelter. Good luck!
    http://www.dogster.com/?339178

Mom to PJ, Puppy, and 2 Kitties

I dont think hes purebred, he has a white spot on his chest...I think hes a mix.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Awwww I would love to foster that sweet boy but I can't, I'm all the way in Indiana.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

He is precious! I wish I could take him.
    He looks older than 8-10 weeks, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    I dont think hes purebred, he has a white spot on his chest...I think hes a mix.

Pure breds can have white spots on their chest as well.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Pure breds can have white spots on their chest as well.
    Yes, I agree. Just go to dog shows, their is tons!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Winston's a purebred Doberman and he has a white spot on his chest..

Anyway, the puppy is absolutely adorable! It's kind of hard to tell from the pics whether he's pure or not, but he looks mostly (if not all) Dobe to me. Too bad you're so far from me, I know people who are wanting a young red Doberman. I sure hope the rescue takes him! Please keep us updated As far as his age goes, he looks to be about 12-14 weeks to me, but again, its kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Rusty is red dobe pure bred and he has a white spot also he does look older than 10 weeks though.

Thank you everyone. I got a message from the rescue last night and they will be here this weekend to pick up the little boy. I am really excited for him. He is super smart and doing just great. I am going to get him dewormed and his first vaccination so that the rescue doesn't have to pay for that part of it.

Yippee
    Great-work
    Let-us-know-how-hes'-doing
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Awwww I'm so happy the rescue is taking him in!!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"