Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder what I will put in the washing machine the next time!

I wonder what I will put in the washing machine the next time!

I once washed a kitten for about 5 mintues, on the short cycle, by mistake. I still have little Lucy and she was lucky I went looking for her when I did. Then a few weeks later, Chloe jumped in the dryer and went a round or two. I heard the thumping and immediately knew...........

I have washed credit cards, cat toys, shoes......darks with light and ruined some clothes. I have ruined wool sweaters, scarves....gloves....

and now............................................... .................................................. ...........................................my brand new cellphone. I have had it for only a week. It is sitting infront of a hair dryer right now. When I opened the washer, after hearing a strange thumping sound, counting kitty heads, I thought for sure I had washed a sandal or shoe, by mistake. When I opened the washer there was a residual vibration going on.....I thought my washer had gone on the fritz......no.......my cell phone was vibrating and would not stop. I had to take the battery out to stop it. I am so ticked at myself. Could I get anymore stupid?

Has anyone any hope for my phone? Do you think if it dries out (cool air only) it will work again? I know sometimes calculators will work after coffee is spilled on them.....

I could just kick myself.

*cough cough*

I have done the same thing It got wrapped up in some bed sheets, and I didn't notice. Everyone told me the phone was ruined, but after about a week or less, it was completely dried out and working perfectly normal....

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Oh no!

I think Uabasson dropped hers in the toilet... so don't feel TOO bad (sorry for using you as an example Laura! )

I am famous for washing interesting things. I washed a BIG check somebody wrote hubby... its was almost $1,000. He did NOT want to ask them to write another, so I had to call them up and explain what I did.... and hte wife was laughing her butt off when I got done explaining (apparently she had done the same thing not too long before I did!)

I worked with a guy who always had to have the latest and greatest cell phone. Until the evening it fell in his martini and never worked again. I guess vermouth damage wasn't covered in the warrantee.

Sorry, SAS, not to offer more constructive advise but at least you aren't alone!

can I send you some laundry *cough cough* since ahem there a few people who may benefit from tumble dry?

OMG, we must be related I do things like that too(although I've never washed a cat in the machine)
    I have a new cell pone now because last week my husband kept complaining he couldn't find ours..so we searched the yard and found it...right where we stood a couple nights aog as something unidentified popped loudly and shot up in flames out of the bonfire he built ...you get the picture? Hmm, must have fallen off his belt...
    No suggestions on your cell, all you can do it try to dry it out, just thought you'd like some company in your misery. Sometimes it's nice to know you aren't the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    OMG, we must be related I do things like that too(although I've never washed a cat in the machine)
    I have a new cell pone now because last week my husband kept complaining he couldn't find ours..so we searched the yard and found it...right where we stood a couple nights aog as something unidentified popped loudly and shot up in flames out of the bonfire he built ...you get the picture? Hmm, must have fallen off his belt...
    No suggestions on your cell, all you can do it try to dry it out, just thought you'd like some company in your misery. Sometimes it's nice to know you aren't the only one...

LMAO!
    I washed a cd discman once.
    I washed and dried - errrr melted 3 tubes of lipstick/balm in the washer and dryer on Saturday - that irritated me.
    My cousin also flushed her cell phone. My boss dropped her pager in the toilet after she peed.
    I have washed my driver's license.
    Both of my cats have been in the dryer but neither in the washer.
    A guy my dad works with 'dried' one of their cats and it was wrapped in a sheet and so warm that was hard to get it out and then it never got near the dryer again. It was fine.
    I'm not trying to be sick or anything but my dad's cousin when she was a young girl put her cat in the oven b/c she had given it a bath and she wanted to dry it. The cat didn't make it and she felt terrible and cried for a week! She didn't do it to be mean she was just young and stupid. She is the nicest lady and wouldn't hurt an animal intentionally.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

The only things I have ever laundered accidentally were a few dollar bills in the pocket of my son's jeans (talk about money laundering!) After I dried them they were once again *spendable.* I hope your cell phone will work again. Let us know how you make out.

No Kim, that was ME who dropped my cellphone in the toilet. Fortunately, the water was clean as I had just finished cleaning the bathrooms at BB&B. I was also quick in retrieving it. I had a cover on it so it absorbed most of the moisture.

SAS,

Do you have insurance on it?? My best friend took out insurance on her daughter's cellphone as she had lost 3 of them and figured it was well worth the money.

Good luck. Let us know if we should say a Hail Mary for it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I used to check everyone's pockets when starting a load of wash.

Not any more folks!!!! My husband left a pack of cigerettes in his jeans pocket, what a mess!!!!

I've also found melted crayons in the freshly dried cloths, empty tubes of lipstick, chapstick, and the dreaded discovery of gum wrappers.
    To this day, there is still a wad of hardened gum from the 90's in my dryer!!

One time, I was a tad slow in getting to the bank, and had FOUR paychecks folded together in my back pocket. My co-worker was so annoyed with me when she had to reissue all four of them. Right after that, I changed banks to one that was convenient to get to.

Best wishes that your cell phone will work again, SAS. I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    No Kim, that was ME who dropped my cellphone in the toilet.
    Yes, but I was the one who managed to FLUSH it down the toilet!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh SAS, what a pain! Sallyanne, did you happen to buy insurance on your phone? We all have insurance on ours ($3 or so/month), but they will replace the phone, no questions asked, if you do. Scott ran over his with the car one time. Darn thing would still ring, too, but it had no screen and the buttons were mashed. That insurance came in good that time. And I have had several replaced because they weren't working properly.
    Good luck!

Logan

OK I wont send you laundry but I will share this fiasco I once washed a load of laundry for my daughter and her hubby (see some in laws are good) and I accidentally washed a Pokemon card valued at over 3k (SIL was a tad perturbed) Daughter was caught between thanks mom and OMG. E bay to the rescue anyone?

Ebay to my rescue

Well, I just bid on a phone on ebay and won. Won? Won what? A replacement that's what!

The phone I washed was one my brother sent me last week, after I joined his plan and got the phone for free. I have paid him for the use of the service for one year....I hardly use the phone, so the minimum amount of charge makes sense. I need it for travel and to keep in touch with my Mom who is 86.

Anyway, my SIL was just diagnosed with breast cancer (this week) and has the family in a tizzy, at best. Mayjor league worry etc. I don't want to bother my brother with the phone story since it is not really that important. I will have to pay the price for a new phone. I think I can program it, if not, I will send it to him to reprogram or take it to be reprogramed. But I will cross that bridge when I come to.

The real catch is that I am in Vermont my brother is in Pennsylvania- the TMobile phone service is not offered in Vermont, although the territory is covered. So I can't just walk up to a TMobile store etc. etc. Thus the purchase via Ebay. The phone is supposedly new and never opened. Guess the drug dealer didn't need it after all.

In the scheme of things, this is just a stupid (and expensive) mistake and boy have I learned my lesson about checking pockets.

I am fairly sure there is no insurance on this plan, as there are six phones involved.....I just don't think he would take out 6 times 5.00 per month for insurance. Maybe I COULD ASK HIM- DUH! I just don't want to bother him.....Gee, I am arguing with myself. Time for BED!