Thread: books

books

I don't know if this is stupid or what, but I find it hard sometimes to read a book unless i find it interesting. I took the advise of some other post and bought the book "The Loop" and I'm enjoying it. We could start something and post any good books you've reasently read that might appeal to some of the other ppl on PT...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I find it hard to, to read books when they are not interseting to you.

I would recommend Wally Lamb's "She's Come Undone" and his newer one (I can't remember what it's called!!!!).. but read them in that order because the second one is so much more refined and it leaves a nice feeling resonating.

At university I'm taking a course in young adult literature (I want to teach high school English as my career) and there are a lot of young adult books that are really great reads! Especially if you want to brain fart and just take an hour to relax. I'm an avid Judy Blume fan - any one of her books are great, and her newest adult novel, "Summer Sisters" is very good.

James Patterson also has some really great books out. "Kiss the Girls" was amazing - the movie didn't do it justice!

I don't have a lot of time to read for fun because of all my course literature, but these are some of my recommendations

I would recemend "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. Blah, anyway, its about these animals who take over the farm, and the pigs kinda take over and be the goverment..I cant explain it, but it kinda represents human kind, and how ppl can be greedy and stuff..its REALLY good..I thought anyway ;D

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Originally posted by Nomilynn

James Patterson also has some really great books out. "Kiss the Girls" was amazing - the movie didn't do it justice!

I will agree to that!! I love James Patterson, Jeffery Deaver (Bone Collector) Carl Hiaasen (Striptease), Micheal Creighton (Jurrasic Park, Disclousre), Stephen Cannel (write for A-team Rockford Files, the Commish) just to name a few...and none of the movies do justice to the books!

I would recommend the Iris Johansen novels. In a couple of the them she has an awesome golden retriever named Monty. Also Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Sandra Brown, Nici French, Jonathon Kellerman, Jane Green, Robin Cook, and Patricia Cornwell. They are my favorites.
    I believe the new Wally Lamb one you are referring to is "I know this Much is True". Is it the one with the Twins??? Good book, if that is the one you are talking about.
    If anyone would like to trade we can start another branch of the PetTalk book club. I would be happy to share. I know that the other books we are sharing with each other, we signed our comments and names to the inside of the books.
    Just a thought!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I believe the new Wally Lamb one you are referring to is "I know this Much is True". Is it the one with the Twins??? Good book, if that is the one you are talking about.
    Yes that is the one! It made me cry, but it's worth the read!

You may think these are silly, but I'm enjoying a series of --dog murder mysteries-- by Susan Conant. They have kinda corny titles, like, "Gone to the Dogs" " A Bite of Death" , but they are actually inforamtive as well as entertaining.
    Deb & Dave

"Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog."--Robery Morley

Originally posted by shais_mom

If anyone would like to trade we can start another branch of the PetTalk book club. I would be happy to share. I know that the other books we are sharing with each other, we signed our comments and names to the inside of the books.
    Just a thought!
    sounds like a good idea to me...we often pass books around at wortk, but I read faster then most of the rest so I end up providing many of the new books...and I am always looking for new books to read, new authors to try...

Just yesterday I started "Pack of Two" by Caroline Knapp.
    It is just fantastic. Find it hard to put it down.I try to read
    'just 1 more' chapter before stopping for the evening. I really
    like this author's writing style & think I'll look for other books
    she has written.

p.s. The book is about "The intricate bonds between people
    and dogs".