Thread: Sweetie

Hybrid View

Sweetie

Sweetie, sometimes it is hard to fathom the cruel depths to which some humans can sink in the treatment of their animal friends. Some might think the horror your former guardians subjected you to is unforgiveable. But it seems that animals have an amazing capacity to forgive and live to love again. You are one of those amazing creatures. Your physical beauty is breathtaking. But the beauty of your heart and soul is what makes you most deserving of our respect, admiration and praise. You are my hero!! Today we honor you beautiful Sweetie as our coveted, cherished Sunday Pet of the Day! It is such a comfort to know that now, and for all the days of your life, you will know only the loving touch of a devoted, caring human.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

To look at you, one would never know the horrors of your past. I'm going to concentrate on your future though! You have a clean, warm home, and now two new budgie friends!!!! Sweetie, no one deserves it more than you do!! Keep making strides. You are already repaying your human's kindness ten-fold, but learning to trust!! Congratulations Sweetie on being a very special Pet of the Day!

What a wonderful ending for this little bird. I use to have parakeets before I got into dogs. Now that I see Sweetie, I just might get another bird.
    Nancy, a mother to 11 Borzoi(Russian Wolfhounds)
    Nancy

Sweetie, this is an unhappy story that ends on a very happy note.
    I will never understand the cruelty of people to innocent animals ever. How could anyone treat a beautiful little bird like you so horribly. I am so glad your human took you away and now you are much loved and have a nice warm home with good food.
    I think you are just beautiful and finally realizing people are not all bad. Congratulations dear, sweet, beautiful Sweetie, our Very Best Pet of the Day. I'm sure your human will have some very special treats on your very special day.
    Jackie

There is a saying that someone elses trash is someone elses treasure. Sweetie, it couldn't be more true in your case. How sorry I am that you were mistreated. Your color is just beautiful.

The very best part is the happy ending to your story. It makes me feel so happy to know that you are well loved and treated the way you deserve.

Congratulations our Sweetie - Pet of the Day!

Sweetie
    Your story moved me to tears. I can't believe someone would be so cruel. I'm so glad you have a wonderful new family that obviously love you very much. Congratulations Sweetie on finding a wonderful forever family and being our Pet of the Day!!!!

BEAUTIFUL SWEETIE

What a Gorgeous coloring you have Sweetie !!!
    I'm so sorry that you had to endure one minute of
    cruelty & mistreatment in 'that other place'(can't call
    it a home). You were sent human Guardian Angels to
    rescue and take you into a wonderful forever Home.
    Congratulations Sweetie for not giving up on life or
    people!!! Special congrats also for being chosen as our
    PET OF THE DAY !!! I wish you & your little pals a long
    and happy life...

Sweetie, you are so beautiful! I'm so sorry about the cruel treatment you recieved from your previous owners. Its so sad how some people have no mercy for innocent animals like you. I'm glad that you now have the loving home you deserve. Your picture reminded me of my friend's parakeet, also named Sweetie, who passed away some years back. I hope you live a happy life, free of the painful treatment that you once experienced. I'm sure my cockatiels would love you! Have lots of treats and millet spray today because its your very special day!!!

Well then :)

Sweetie is actually my bird; I just learned that she'd been chosen today(someone posted about it on the acmepet boards).

Thanks for all the great comments about her; she really is a wonderful bird.

She's the nicest out of all of my budgies, and is the only one who will sit with me for any length of time. She sure doesn't like my cockatiels though! It's odd because the other two enjoy sharing playtime with the 'tiels.

Sweetie doesn't, and prefers to have 'alone' out of cage time.

She's bonded pretty strongly with Byte(the male budgie), and gets along well with Bit(the other hen)..rough start for Bit & Sweetie though.
    http://budgies-n-tiels.com

Hello to you, Tviokh, and welcome to Pet Talk!! Your Sweetie was such a joy to read about yesterday. I can't think of a more deserving pet to get the Pet of the Day honors. I sure do hate to think of what would have happened if you hadn't taken that "sweetie" in. Thank you for being such a good Samaritan. I'm sure Sweetie pays it back, each and every day.

I have two Cockatiels now, and haven't had them for long. Roger has been here for about 4 months, and Milly, a rescue of sorts (but not like your Sweetie) has been here about 1 month. We love them both dearly.

Hugs and soft kisses to your Sweetie.