Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyones dog do this????

Yep my two guys do that. Then I chase them around the house to eat the ones they missed.
    RIo&Nickysmommy

My Benji does this all the time. If we give him a treat, it could be the tiniest thing like a piece of popcorn, and he usually goes to his cage to eat it. With his food he'll bring one piece of food he likes (the beef chunks from his Purina Beneful food) and eat it away from his bowl. He'll do this every so often while eating his food. I put some canned food in for the first time today and I don't think he did that. This behaviour doesn't bother me though. It's quite funny to watch actually.

Thumbs up How Cute!

Aww Mine did too now he is acting weird!! But thats very cute!!!!
    I love My Chewie!!!! My Little Chihuahua!!

Belle does it too, and so does a friend's dog. We decided that it was a behavior learned in early puppyhood since they both were runts in their litters. The only way they could get food at first was to sneak in and grab some, then carry it off and eat it. They just never outgrew the behavior, we think.

Don't they all? Even my puppy, AllieG, does it and she is only 3 months old. lol
    Dee
    Take care and God Bless

Smile Dido

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Duke has funny way of eating his food! He takes mouthfulls at a time and drops it in the middle of the floor, and then eats it! Sometimes he carries it over to his bed to eat it! Why does he do this?? Does anyone elses dog do this??? Is he just a silly dog?
    My Dog does the same thing. I think its because they think someone is going to take there food.

Our Bower does the same thing but usually he just takes it out of his bowl and eats off the floor; however, if we are eating dinner in the living room (bad habit of ours) then he will bring mouthfuls into the living room to eat with us. He knows he can't have our food so he makes due with what he's got.

my dog does that... she will take her food carry it to the living room (well, rather she would run with it in her mouth) drop it on the floor, roll on it, then eat it... but thats just my dog i gues... i thinks its normal... lol...

~*Becky*~

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

Sassy does this to lol. I find it funny, but my mom is a different story because Sassy forgets about the kibble and we find it all over the floor. It's pretty rare that we find it though..Sassy usually eats it all. She eats it all then sniffs it for about ten minutes.

All of my dogs have done this too! They have to bring it on the carpet, drop it then eat it! Can't wait to see what they do when the whole house is hard wood floors! LouLou doesn't do this, she has a stainless steel bowl and she eats circleing her bowl with her mouth in it the whole time! But she is just a weird dog all together, funny, cute, lovable but very weird pup!

Lady has her "cookie eating spots". Depending on what it is, she'll bring it to her special spot to eat it. Small piece of steak gets consumed on the spot. A larger piece, however, gets taken to the cookie spot for consumption.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 08-04-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Smokey used to do this when he was a puppy.Doesn't do it at all anymore
    because Maggie will move in on his bowl of food.
    They have different styles of eating their food. Smokey takes a bite & then chews & chews and finally swallows it. Maggie nearly inhales her food on the
    spot.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Frisk has done it ever since he was a wee pup. He hates eating on anything except the living room carpet^^.

I had a collie many years ago who ate outside. She would tip over the dish, then use her nose to mix it up with any dust or dirt that was on the ground, and then eat it. It drove me crazy. It was amazing that she never had any digestive problems!
    Jan and 7 yo collie Bailey, CGC,TDIAOV

How to Love Your Dog
    http://loveyourdog.com

Therapy Dogs.Net
    http://therapydogs.net

Bailey at Dog of the Day
    Cody at Dog of the Day

it's just that thing

I think it has to do with the table scrap thing or they just like the taste of the carpet/floor.
    My Lillie and Miura do the same thing unless of course I trick them and put their food on a paper plate so they think it was once mine..... muwahahhaha
    muwahahahah
    The other dog in the picture is my dad's shepard Jimmi, don't be mistaken though this pretty girl is almost 12 years old and still does it.
    Attached Images Attached Images