Thread: Licking other dog's lips and Male to male problems

Licking other dog's lips and Male to male problems

I'm babysitting a dog right now (Diesel) and he drools ALOT. Alaska always licks his lips, is he licking the drool or showing domiance or what? Diesel is always humping Buddy and licking Buddy's penis. It grosses me out. I try to stop him, he'll stop, but as soon as I stop scolding, he does it again. Please help!

Alaska is showing submission to Diesel, and Diesel is showing dominance over Buddy by humping him. They're just working out the pack order and I don't think its something to be worried about...

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Maybe they are confused about their sexual identities and are exploring alternate lifestyles... maybe Buddy is realy a woman trapped in a man's (mandog) body?

NO??? Just kidding. Can't really offer any advice but to constantly scold them and perhaps eventually deter these behaviours. Unfortuneately, the "real" parents must follow the same plan and discourage them too - which may not be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    Maybe they are confused about their sexual identities and are exploring alternate lifestyles... maybe Buddy is realy a woman trapped in a man's (mandog) body?

NO??? Just kidding. Can't really offer any advice but to constantly scold them and perhaps eventually deter these behaviours. Unfortuneately, the "real" parents must follow the same plan and discourage them too - which may not be happening.
    That was a good one!!!

I am laughing too hard to make another remark!!! YOU are the Greatest!!!!!!

Thank-You for this moment of comedy relief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    Alaska is showing submission to Diesel, and Diesel is showing dominance over Buddy by humping him. They're just working out the pack order and I don't think its something to be worried about...
    I agree.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Okay, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD

LOL!!!! lmao

they are testing your patience with the show 6 feet under?(which i loved but alas is gone)

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    Had this with Tobey when Archie first came along - don't worry its natural and if they are together long enough they will find their own levels and this will stop
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Red face Maybe Neat

If you dog is licking other dogs drool then maybe he is trying to Be nice..lol just kinding Maybe dogs do that when there friends i think that you'll never now! GOOD LUCK!!
    I love My Chewie!!!! My Little Chihuahua!!

I have also understood muzzle licking to be submissive behaviour. Teddy does it to me when he does something bad and he knows I am upset with him. he will come and try to lick at my chin lol

Humping is dominance. As for the "parts" licking I dont know lol I see a lot of dogs do that and Teddy is terrible for it.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com