Thread: Just when I thought life was getting better

Just when I thought life was getting better

I called OSAP (student loan) to get my interest releif (been getting it for 3yrs) & I denied!!!! I am making less money/month then I was in the last 3 years!! They want 200.00/month!!!! I'm soooo screwed!!!

I'm going to be forced to bankrupt! Which means I loose my credit cards & if I don't have a credit card I cannot rent a car for 6-8 years!!! OH NO I hope Vonage can be pay through the banks, or I'll loose my phone too!

I really didn't need this kick in the pants.. I work so hard & have always paid my bills ontime. I don't know what to do...

That's awful that they are asking you to pay that stupid tax! Greedy frigging banks! It's like telling a starving man you'll get him a sandwich, but only if he provides the bread. Is there anyway you apply for a grant or a scholarship? There are monies set aside for all kinds of situations. Think of what makes you situation unique and why you need the help and then check into the scholarship funds. I know there may not be time to get help for the uncoming semester, but perhaps for the future. Good luck & **HUGS**
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey
    That's awful that they are asking you to pay that stupid tax! Greedy frigging banks! It's like telling a starving man you'll get him a sandwich, but only if he provides the bread. Is there anyway you apply for a grant or a scholarship? There are monies set aside for all kinds of situations. Think of what makes you situation unique and why you need the help and then check into the scholarship funds. I know there may not be time to get help for the uncoming semester, but perhaps for the future. Good luck & **HUGS**
    I finished school 3yrs ago... I haven't had to pay OSAP because I didn't make enough money, so what money I did have has goin to other bills, like my credit cards.. & for whatever BS reason I now have to pay 200.00/month... I really don't want to go bankrupt, I've worked so hard & have good credit... I'm going to see if my credit card companies will help me out, as in freeze my accounts cause that'll save me 120.00/month & then I'll cancle my phone & thats 50.00/month, so I'll have enough $$ to pay OSAP (blood sucking doo doo heads!!)..

Oh no Jess, you really don't need this. Can you transfer the loans to another lender? I don't know if it's different in Canada, but here there are tons of lenders for student loans, and often you can transfer your loans to a different lender who may offer lower interest rates. Also, some have special programs that allow you to pay lower amounts to begin with for 3-5 years. Did you tell your current lender that you can't pay that amount? A lot of times they'll work with you. Also I have found www.upromise.com to be helpful, you can get some rebates when you buy certain items and use certain credit cards that can go straight to your loans. Good luck!

I know you have good credit so I'm not sure if this will help or not but why not see a credit counsellor. I don't know if they only help people with bad credit or if you just have to be in a financial bind. they can usually get your monthly payments lowered.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Many provincial plans will offer some type of "forgiveness" for part of the loan amount if you meet certain criteria. Try contacting the student loan department where you went to school and they might have some information on this.