Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snoopy went to the vet! * HELP !!!!!*

Snoopy went to the vet! * HELP !!!!!*

Some time ago, I posted about one of my cats peeing on the floor, in boxes, on clothing, etc.... ; up till yesterday I didn't know who did this. But then I saw little Snoopy peeing on a freshly washed catbed!!! Darn, I washed it that morning because I found cat-pee on it . And now Snoopy was "christening" it again !
    I was glad though that I saw her doing it, now I know who is the culprit!!
    I collected as much as possible of her pee in a glass, and brought it to the vet.
    Today I went to the vet again, taking Snoopy with me. She has an infection and needs antibiotics; there are also chrystals in her pee . This is all new to me; is there anything I can do to prevent more problems? The vet advised to give her special food, but that will be almost impossible. Snoopy is our "vacuumer"; meaning: she eats all the leftovers of the other cats... . Can anybody give advise here?
    As Snoopy is very difficult to pill, I ordered a pillshooter, and also the pillbags someone posted about lately. Let's hope she will let me give her the pills.... .

Little Snoopy was not very well behaving at the vets . She was mad when the vet tried to examine her belly, and she even bit her when she tried to clip her nails! Naughty little monkey!!!
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 07-13-2006 at 10:09 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Ooooh poor little Snoopy - I hope she starts to feel better soon
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Lut,

Although poor little Snoopy has an infection and needs medication, it is better to know the problem and find a solution. I'm sure your other kitties will appreciate the outcome as well and, having their baby sister well again.

I wish I had some good advice about the feeding issue. Isolating her to feed would be my only suggestion but that would also mean the others could not free feed. I don't know how well that would work with your current routine.

Good luck with the medicating - that's always a tough chore. Hugs to Snoopy and to you.

Betty

If the other cats can also eat her special food, that would be the easiest for you. And prevent problems with the others in the future.

I'm so sorry. I know EXACTLY what you're feeling. I know EXACTLY how impossible it is to keep one cat away from the others food. I solved it by simply puttig all 5 cats on the special food that Pouncer needs. It was the only way that worked. Pouncer REFUSED to eat his special food when I locked him in the room by himself. They refused to eat thinking Pouncer got better food than they did. So I'd open the door and Pouncer would fly out to eat what the other guys had and they'd fly into the room to eat what Pouncer had. It just was not working.

Now we have a nice little scheme going. He gets his special food at night as a treat. This food actually dissolves the crystals. He gets the Eukanuba Low pH diet (the crystal reduction food) at night as a treat and then I feed him and everyone else HIlls WD (which is a prescription weight management food, but perfectly safe for a cat susceptable to crystals). I spend $40 a month in food but its weel worth it because I have not had a recurrance of Pouncer's crystals in a few months. When I consider the vet expenses & all the cleaning product expense related to the crystals... I'm quite happy to spend the extra money each month on food. I figure it sounds more but is actually less since I'm not buying meds, paying for urine tests, buying enzyme cleaners, washing and rewashing a hundred things, etc.

We are Praying very hard for Our Dear Little Friend Snoopy, and pray that she is well soon.
    If she has to stay overnight, there will be a Pet Angel Delegation to keep her company.
    WE LOVE SNOOPY AT THE HOTEL.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I think Catnappers way will be the way for you to go in order to make sure she has the food she needs and it sure won't hurt the others. It is a good thing you found out who it was and WHY she was doing it... Poor Snoops!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I guess that was the only way little Snoopy knew how to tell you she was not well! I'm so glad she went to the vet (even tho' she was rambunctious!) and you all found out what was wrong. Now she can start feeling better!

Yes, if you can get all of your girls to eat the 'good' stuff, that would solve the problem.

As for the pills, I am useless.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Snoopy went to the vet!

Oh I am so sad wittle Snoopy is ill.. Oh yes I have give many of cat pills & there is no easy way to do it.. I have & use the pill giver.. Wrap the baby in a large towel so the baby wont hurt herself & you & put the pill in the giver & get mouth open &&& Good Luck.. I have seen now at PetsMart of little sausage looking things you can use to put the pill in.. I will admitt dogs are much better at pill giving due to you can stuff pill in a little viennee & this works great..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I got worried when I read the title of the thread!!! O POOR LITTLE SNOOPY!!! You were so lucky, Lut, that you CAUGHT her peeing out of the box!!!! If she is a vaccum, like you say, you may have to feed her away from the others and no longer leave food out all day. I have had bladder cats in the past, and the special diets do help!! I hope that sweet Snoopy will be in the pink very soon!!!! Please give her a BIG hug from ALL of us!!!
    Sandra, Norton, Molly Meu, Raven, Tina Peepers, Nicholas, Riley, Hayley, and little Hope Simone
    Nine is Fine!!

I tried switching mine to a scheduled feeding when Pete first developed urinary tract problems. Not happy cats! Didn't work at all. I had a kitty rebellion on my hands! Now they all eat the prescription food that Pete needs. Cost is similar to a high end kibble anyway. The only time they can't eat it is when Pete needed Hill's S/D formula. It's not safe for any cat to eat long term. Pete needed it for a couple weeks only. All of the other prescription urinary health formulas are safe for any adult cat.

Increase her water intake any way you can. It will help flush out her bladder and reduce the crystals. My cats like moving water so they have two fountains--the rejected the actual cat fountain and prefer two decorative ones I have in the living room! If she likes canned food, give her lots. The prescription food likely has a canned formula.

Good luck. Hope Snoopy is feeling better soon.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Lut, I'm so sorry to hear about Snoopy. At least you now know which cat was peeing on things. Storm also has the crystal problem so my only solution was to feed everyone the same food. I feed them both the wet and dry Royal Canin Urinary S/O formula and they love it. Unfortunately it doesn't come in weight control formula so I have to measure it out. No more free feeding since I now have two piggies named Starr and Sky. Good luck and please keep us updated.

I had to laugh that Snoopy misbehaved at the vets. I always feel like I am a bad mother and not training my "children" very well when they act up at the vets.

But if someone grabbed your foot and tried to cut your toenails you would act up too!

My three always want to eat together.........but they don't eat the same thing. Annie and Rascal share a plate of wet food - and Emma hangs around until they are eating and then she goes over to her dry food and eats.
    Emma doesn't eat wet food at all.

As someone has suggested, maybe feeding them all the same thing would work for you.

At least you now know who it is.

HELP!!!!

I tried to pill Snoopy!!

1) normal way: put in mouth: does NOT work, she spits it out!!
    2) with pill-shooter: she spitsit out
    3) in a pouch: I added it to some knibble: guess what, she ate eveything exept the pill-in-pouch...

and.... I have lots of scratches on my arm

HELP!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

have you tried crushing the pill in something sweet like jam or honey?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk