Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something isn't right...

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Puppy
    shais mom, Kirin LOVES being sprayed with water. I tried adding vinegar to it, that didn't bother him either. A can with metal in it doesn't do anything but put the kabash on that particular attack, but like when I go after him as barncat suggested, he's back after her within an hour. To be honest, I haven't tried pressurized air, but I can't imagine that having any different affect than the water or going after Kirin.

well It was a good thought I suppose - I guess boy kitties don't show fear as much as girl kitties.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Maybe you could start with it on a Friday when you get home and spend the week end doing it? It only took Samantha 3 days to connect it in her head.... he may be smarter and have it connect sooner?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Maybe you could start with it on a Friday when you get home and spend the week end doing it? It only took Samantha 3 days to connect it in her head.... he may be smarter and have it connect sooner?
    I can try, or have my mom help me out if she's around. Our house MUST go on the market on Monday and we have an insane amount of things to do this weekend. So stressed.

I was going to suggest isolating the offender in a bedroom or spare room behind a locked screen door. I know that sounds silly and it may not be an option since you are putting your house on the market, but it does work. They can still see what is going on around them, but can't get out. Screen doors can be bought inexpensively, if you get a wooden one. I think screen doors or gates are much better ways of isolating a dog or cat (of course, gates don't work for cats) than closing doors.

I wish you luck. Wish I had more ideas for you.

Logan

Yeah, can't do screen doors - don't think that'd show very well. I can do a bathroom but it wouldn't have a litter box in it. How long should I lock him away for?

Something's gotta be done - he has Kimi so upset that today she peed in the living room... on the carpet. Kitchen I can deal with - it's laminate. I cannot sell a house that has cat urine soaked into the pad underneath the carpet.

I would leave Samantha in there alone for 30 about minutes. When I first started, I would go open the door and she would be sleeping and not disturb her nap to come out.. That changed though to where she would just sit there and cry at the door the whole time wanting out.. When you get them at the door crying to come out... I think the point is getting to them.

For time out, they don't need a litter box, food or water or toys.. It should not be a holiday for them..(It's only 30 minutes!)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Get that psychic info from Shais mom - I have read a number of stories here on how it helped everyone that tried it! And reasonable cost!

If you are really stressed - and who wouldn't be? - kitty could very well be picking up on that.

hugs
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Please do not take this as if I am criticizing you... Ypu clearly love your cats and are in a stressful situation and are trying very hard to find a solution... so this is NOT about making you wrong, but I know my guys react to my upsets by sometimes becoming upset too.

Given what you are all doing the house must be unsettled by the constant prep for showings and all the other stuff. This problem may go away when things settle down. It is possible the isolation will work this weekend...but if not you might want to try getting a large cage-type dog crate to put the aggressor in when you are at work. A small litter pan fits in there and since it is in the cage, it doesn't seem to make the others think there is a new free-pee spot.

Once you are in your new space everyone will be on new footing and when you are used to your job changes, things will be less stressful. I swear sometimes Ambrose decides that Bella or Captain are the cause of my upset and "punishes" them and keeps them away from me. (He has learned to stop if I say his name in a certain tone and cuddles instead.) Once when I cried out because my knee went out, Bella attacked Artemis just because Atremis was near me when it happened....

Be gentle with yourself through all these changes in your life. I very much hope that things settle down soon. Good luck.

I don't have any new advice or suggestions. The isolation bit in a large dog crate sounds like it might work. I just want you to know I hope things work out, and you start feeling less stressed, and everything goes smoothly for you.

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

try SHAKING a can of pennies at him, i know NO cat who likes loud noises. and isolation could be a very good idea, as long as you're not like me and feel bad after2 minutes and let them out. if you DO have issues with him err...going on the bathroom floor, then get a little spare little box for him (which is also a good idea anyways, in case you have to isolate them due to sickness, etc.). i still think it could be baby. even if it happened BEFORE he was BORN, i know cats can "sense" when your pregnant, so that honestly could be it too. but yes, i do advise isolating him, until he quits, and shaking a can of pennies at him (plastic wal-mart or albertsons bags work just as well too).
    good luck!
    dionne