Thread: Oh my FREAKING blob.

Oh my FREAKING blob.

I was born in Barstow, San Bernardino County, California.

My dad doesn't have any of my vital records (although he did have my social security card but I have it now, obviously). He just doesn't. He called, while I was still living with, and got them to send a copy, even though it is almost unreadable in the bottom half. It is not certified. It is just a photo copy. It was all he could get. With that and an unholy amount of other documents we went and purchased my Oregon state ID card.

Now, after being married for nearly a year and having both of my social security cards (Same one, they just have two different last names), I cannot get a state ID card in Shreveport.

What happened? Oh, nothing really.

I took ALL of my marriage documents (including, certified and uncertified copies of marriage license, marriage certificate, RECEIPTS for all of that, etc), both SS cards, Oregon state ID, and that photocopy of the birth certificate. All of that to be told that oh no, you can't do that, blah blah blah. How much more do I need to prove that I *AM* me?! I mean, obviously, it was good enough for Oregon and I got an ID there.

What am I supposed to do now? Please, before I implode from lack of impatience.
    Last edited by Sevaede; 07-10-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: uneeda biscuit

Ask for a list of what is needed to get a State ID in Shreveport.

Then go down the list with a clerk and say "here is this item" for each thing. Every state has different requirements.

I have asked, that's how this whole ordeal got started. I got everything I could to the best of my abilities. They wanted my BC, SSC, and one other form of ID.

The copy that my parents (*technically*, adoptive/step father and step mother) was the only copy that they were able to obtain.

I don't know. I just want to move back to Oregon and be done with it all. I miss my state!

Quote Originally Posted by Wenisrubber
    I have asked, that's how this whole ordeal got started. I got everything I could to the best of my abilities. They wanted my BC, SSC, and one other form of ID.

The copy that my parents (*technically*, adoptive/step father and step mother) was the only copy that they were able to obtain.

I don't know. I just want to move back to Oregon and be done with it all. I miss my state!
    You should call your hometown and ask how you can abtain a legal copy (which will be stamped) of your birth certificate. Bureaucracies LIVE for such phone calls. It may take a week, but I am sure you can get one.

With that, your Oregon ID and SSC, you should be all set!

Indeed! Thank you much.

We have the phone number for the place. I am going to have to remember to call first thing in the morning as they are only open from 8-noon PST! (It's how little they are open that made me make that face. )

I had to go through the same thing when I tried to get my Driver's Liscence. My parents had all of my ID and I didn't know where they were so I ended up calling back to the state of my birth and was able to obtain one that way. It takes a few weeks but it's really not hard.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008