Thread: Oh my FREAKING blob.

Threaded View

Oh my FREAKING blob.

I was born in Barstow, San Bernardino County, California.

My dad doesn't have any of my vital records (although he did have my social security card but I have it now, obviously). He just doesn't. He called, while I was still living with, and got them to send a copy, even though it is almost unreadable in the bottom half. It is not certified. It is just a photo copy. It was all he could get. With that and an unholy amount of other documents we went and purchased my Oregon state ID card.

Now, after being married for nearly a year and having both of my social security cards (Same one, they just have two different last names), I cannot get a state ID card in Shreveport.

What happened? Oh, nothing really.

I took ALL of my marriage documents (including, certified and uncertified copies of marriage license, marriage certificate, RECEIPTS for all of that, etc), both SS cards, Oregon state ID, and that photocopy of the birth certificate. All of that to be told that oh no, you can't do that, blah blah blah. How much more do I need to prove that I *AM* me?! I mean, obviously, it was good enough for Oregon and I got an ID there.

What am I supposed to do now? Please, before I implode from lack of impatience.
    Last edited by Sevaede; 07-10-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: uneeda biscuit