Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for my friend, my family & I, SAD update, new pics toward bottom of page 3

Prayers for my friend, my family & I, SAD update, new pics toward bottom of page 3

Long long story short, my BEST friend, Missy is stuck in Ohio. The person she was living with (which was her ex b/f) got hurt & is unable to work. So he was forced to move out of his trailer... 3 days ago (he moved in with his mom). Missy was still staying there because she had no where else to go. She has not had any food in 3 days, no shower, no nothing. She has no family except for her brother who is already helping her. He flew in Missy's son, Dayton, to his house (from Ohio to Florida) and has temp. custody until August or until she gets back on her feet. She has already lost EVERYTHING, her son, all of her belongings, pictures, everything except one back pack of clothing. Thats all she could carry out of there, and carrying it was the only way she was able to keep anything. Everything else is gone, forever.
    We have tried EVERYTHING, churches, ymca, united way, village hall, sheriff. Nobody can help her. So I am dishing out $105 out of my literally very last $129 to buy her a bus ticket back here. I am allowing her to stay in my house rent free but only for a couple weeks because that's all I can afford. I am allowing her to use one of my vehicles for work only!!!! And only for a few weeks.
    She will be allowed to get emergency food stamps once she gets here but we are not sure what else they will help her with.
    She really is a good person, nice, helpful, thoughtful, caring, volunteers when allowed, a church go-er & the whole nine yards. She so does not deserve this.
    I am doing this out of the good of my heart because god knows I CAN NOT afford this. I am literally living paycheck to paycheck. I didn't tell anyone here but I got rid of my hamsters & a ferret, in hopes to regain at least some financial status. We are in the process of re-homing 1-2 cats as well. It was & is hard for me to do, very hard but it was best for the animals. In a small way I don't know why I am doing this because I can NOT afford it and that is the only reason. Sometimes I think that I am too nice too often.

I was in her shoes once before & I lived on the streets for a little over a year. I tried seeking help from all sorts of organizations & no one would help. My family couldn't help, my mother & brothers were broke & my father & I had a lot of problems back then. I tried everything I could & got no help from anyone or any organization. Sure I got food sometimes to keep me alive, but I couldn't get a place to live or a steady job with no clean clothes & shower, etc... Because I couldn't get any help, even with ALL my might I couldn't get out of my rut. It took a friend to take me in for me to get out of that rut. This is hard to type. Anyways I feel that in my heart that I am ment to help her out but I seriously don't know how I am going to do it.

If yous can pray for us both, for her for all that she has & is going through and for me, hope that I can afford to help her out, we'd greatly appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts.
    ~~goes off to cry~~
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 07-24-2006 at 03:43 PM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Oh Sue ((((hugs)))) I can't imagine how hard that would be. I will most certainly keep you both in my prayers. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know! Maybe PT could take up a collection to help? We'll figure something out to help you.

And there's nothing wrong with re-homing pets when you can't afford them (even though I know how hard that must have been for you). You did what was best for them and that's what counts. more ((((hugs))))

Hang in there, God will reward your good deeds one day.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

(((((hugs))))) Oh Sue, you will both be in my prayers. Maybe relocating with you will give Missy a fresh start. God bless you both.

oh don't cry, ((hug)) tell me how I can help you! even help you to take in your animals for a while too!
    (psst .. I am a driver once again!!)

sorry to hear you had to get rid of hamsters and a ferret - I wish it was to me! I fell in love with them when I first met them. sue, remember this - doing a best thing for a creature is best of yourself too.

am only a few miles away from you. don't you dare giving it a second thought. I know I've had things going on too but remember we're alike. I'll be there, at your door, for just a hug if you need too! directions: click on my username, click "send a private message!", type and click send!

can she take a short taxi to somewhere? is she already on her way? I know going through this is more than hell, be in my thoughts with lucks sending out.

(((don't forget to take care of yourself too))) and wish the best to missy!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Do you have PayPal? If not, PM you snail mail addy. It may not be much, but I'd like to help.

*hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    Do you have PayPal? If not, PM you snail mail addy. It may not be much, but I'd like to help.

*hugs*

Paypal is a good idea, I never thought about that!

My God,

I am so sorry to hear all of this. Why won't Social Services and Welfare help? Will she be able to apply for these benefits once living with you in NY. I mean, isn't this why we pay taxes??? The government is supposed to help us out when we are down - so we can get back on our feet! I will keep you and she in my prayers.

Oh My I am so sorry. You are such a good person for helping your friend out when she needs it most. I know she will never forget it. I wish I was in a position to help. I hope I can find a little something to send.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

oh goodness Sue! Yes I agree with God will reward you someday for all the good deeds you do..

I will pray you and your friend..

I am sorry you had to rehome a few of your pets, but you did the best you could for them.... They were lucky to have you in their lives!!

Good Luck with everything..

I wish I could help you both!
    What size clothes does she wear? Maybe people here that wear the same size would be willing to send some clothes to her!
    Shoes too I'm sure, even the things that seem so small could help out a lot!
    Do you have a Temp Employment place near you? If so have her stop by and fill out an application. Even a few days of work a week would help you both out! (if she doesn't already have a job)
    Hugs to you both and I pray for you both!!
    is she still in Ohio? If so, what part? There are quite a few of us here from Ohio!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well MIssy is here now, at my house, safe & sound. We let her rest & eat Tuesday afternoon after her bus came in & yesterday as well as she has went through a lot. She walked a LOT, for about 6 hours straight carrying a heavy back back on a 3 day empty stomach to get to the bus station. She was lucky enough to run into a friend who drove her a little more than half way. Her body was having a hard time adjusting to all the changes, being healthy then all of a sudden 3 days with no food & very little sleep, then going back to sleeping & eating regularly. But she's doing pretty good considering. She is having a hard time accepting the fact that her brother has her son, even though it is for the best it is still very hard, understandably so.

Today, hopefully one of my other friends is able to bring her to social services (I had no money to lend her for gas so she could use my other car). We shall see what they can do for her. Probably not much because they are greedy here in NY, especially so if you don't have children in your custody. We are pretty sure that she should be elidgable for emergency food stamps but very doubtful for any other help they will give her, it is the government after all.

Tomorrow she's going out job hunting. Jobs are not very plentiful in my area at all, heck there really isn't even too much in my area, let alone places that actually have job openings. Seeing as I have to provide transportation for her or at least give her money for gas & more upkeep on my vehicles until her paychecks start rolling in makes it even harder. She will be using one of my vehicles but I am not sure how long that will last. I was planning on putting one up for sale this week or next week because I need the money. If I were to sell one now Missy would have almost no chance at all to get a job. Kind of stuck between a rock & a hard place. We do have Temp agencies, but they are all about 30+minutes away. So thats not much help at all.
    (too bad this didn't happen next year, they are going to be building a super walmart & a lowes at the end of my street this fall, less than a mile away)

We thought we would be all set on clothing, we have had enough of it offered to her. BUT then we started getting some of it & so far most of it is the wrong size. She's very tall, about 5'10" and skinny, weighs about 125 (she lost about 15lbs over the last week though). She wears size 4-6 pants, long legs of course. Shorts are of reg. length. lol She wears mostly med but sometimes small & large too, it really depends on if they are short or long sleaved (long sleave needs to be longer so her arms can fit properly) and the style. Like T-shirts can be a little baggy & still look ok. She's all set on shoes.

I can not even begin to thank you's enough for the prayers, thoughts & offers to help us out.
    I have been feeling so very down lately, this circumstance certainly hasn't helped but I tell ya what, I think of how much you PT'ers care & it honestly makes me feel better.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Gosh Sue, I feel for both you and your friend. I know what its like to have hard times, its so stressful on everyone. Please pm me your address (i used to have it but i dont know what the heck i did with it) I would love to send you a little something. It would at least help you on some gas for the car. You both will be in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

If the construction has started on the Walmart and Lowe's she should go to the company and see about a job. Construction companies hire "helpers" to do all the running around and lifting. Those jobs will likely pay better than a clerk at Walmart...

Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_spoiled
    If the construction has started on the Walmart and Lowe's she should go to the company and see about a job. Construction companies hire "helpers" to do all the running around and lifting. Those jobs will likely pay better than a clerk at Walmart...
    no, they start building in late fall or maybe they just start the lots then. The plans just got approved through the town & they still have to get the lots emptied (one lot is a trailer park). But don't worry, we are keeping that in mind.