Thread: What is the difference between AKC and CKC?

What is the difference between AKC and CKC?

Would you be so kind to explain the difference between AKC and CKC? Is one better than the other.

We have a new baby in our family... a female white pomeranian. And she is so precious. (she is CKC but I am kinda confused)

Thanks in advance!

AKC- American kennel Club

CKC- Canadian kennel Club

I hope this helps!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

i know what they stand for, but what do they represent?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore, Dream.
    -Mark Twain

CKC means that your puppy is registered through the Canadian Kennel club. I see you are living in the U.S. I take it the puppy was born in Canada for it to be reg CKC.
    I have heard good things about the CKC and the UKC over the AKC for showing labs on another board. But i do think they are all wonderful registeries.
    I think what any of these kennel clubs represents is a standered of what the breed should be. When breeding they want you to stick within certin guide lines. Making sure the lines are clean and from what i understand they state on the papers if there is a father daughter type breeding. But i'm not really sure what you are asking. You can go on the CKC and the AKC sites and read up on whatever you would like to know..

www.ckc.ca
    www.akc.org

I appreciate your reply. That is the answer that I was looking for. But, silly me, I just looked at the registration paper again, and CKC stands for Continental Kennel Club. I finally did find a website for it. www.ckcusa.com

Thank you!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore, Dream.
    -Mark Twain

I realize you already found out what you were looking for I just wanted to tell other people that really the only difference between the CKC and AKC and other Kennel Clubs is the type of breeds they let register.