Thread: We rescued our Poodles and they rescued us!

We rescued our Poodles and they rescued us!

Hi,
    New to this but after talking about Christie in memorial...i came across this talk area and decided to show you our babies past and present.....
    Theres Christie,She was a pure white but was too little to breed off so the breeder just wanted ''shot'' of her....
    Then Jakey...he was surplus to requirements when his previous family had a new baby...so he was hit and mistreated,infact he was so frightened he just hid under furniture...
    Prior to Christie and Jakey...We had Frank,a little black toy who was used as a stud then...again became surplus...he too was frightened and used to crawl around on his belly!...he grew out of it though after he realised he had finally found his family..Jack also a black toy was a puppy when we got him,his breeder had young children and one of them poked his eye out!...needless to say we took him and gave him everything he wanted.
    Frank died in 2000,Jack in 2002 and christie this May...Which left Jakey on his own...Well we are now proud parents again!...
    Daisy has arrived(we were'nt looking for a addition to the family) she is so tiny its unreal...she has had a hard time of it...being used for puppies twice even though she is so tiny...full of knots and ears so dirty its criminal!
    Any way heres some photo's first christie then jakey and lastly Daisy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	god i know i am gorgeous.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	861.7 KB 
ID:	28970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fine i am up now what.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	829.6 KB 
ID:	28971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daisy with her bell on.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	28972  

oh what Beautiful dogs!! Im sorry to hear about Christie and Jakey, but you gave them nice life, im so glad that you rescued them

How precious-I am sorry to hear about your losses but at the same time very happy you were able to open your home and hearts again...

I am so happy you are feeling well enough to join us and start posting. Your pictures are beautiful! I have had poodles in all colors and sizes through my life, though I have never had tiny white ones. My two toys were apricot. I wish you many many happy years with Daisy.

There are so many sad stories like yours of abused and neglected dogs. To me it actually seems to be even worse in the case of poodles because neglected poodle can easily be a poodle in pain when they are severely matted. My Ripley was such a little boy. He was found roaming the streets in horrible condition, matted from head to tail and skinny. I found him at a shelter and he has become my little soulmate. Bless you for helping those unfortunate little ones. I know you have been rewarded many times over as I have.