View Poll Results: is your dog mailman friendly?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • yup, careless/gotta love him!

12 40.00%
  • noo, dangeerous!

5 16.67%
  • uh, bark, bark & barky ..

15 50.00%
  • I have a PO BOX! (thank god?)

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mailman Friendly?

Delilah never used to have problems with the mailman, because back in MA our house had a very long driveway to get to the mailbox, and she didn't have access to it. However, since we moved we've had some nasty experiences with the mail-woman, our mail usually comes a day late now, and written on letters we see the date written and "dog", She's even threatened to stop delivering our mail because she feels Delilah is a threat to her, when anyone walks by our home..she runs to them and barks aggressivly, now she can't have free roam of the yard until after the mail comes. She is very protective of us, when we were new in town, a neighbor came by..asking us if she bit, before we could answer the old man stuck his hand in the fence and pat her! She did nip him but he didn't mind..he said he had GSD's before and ect. It definitely takes her awhile to get used to someone, we've been living here for a little over a year and she is still weary of our neighbor, who comes to our yard all the time, and even gives her biscuits through the fence.

Thanks Anita Cholaine for the awesome siggy!

I would never let my dogs roam freely so I can't imagine how they'd pose a threat to a mailman.

Sydney and Reggie bark at them sometimes from the window but they bark at anybody, they wouldn't actually bite them. Nebo doesn't care, he doesn't bark at people, and he'd likely run away from a mailman he's usually a chicken with strangers.

Bella and Ripley occasionally bark at the mailman if they are awake and hear his truck outside at the curb. Now the UPS man is a whole nother story! They go ballistic because someone is knocking at their door. I usually go outside on the porch to sign for any packages and I try to explain to the man that there are really only two dogs inside.

Sounds like Delilah could use some socializing and supervision, and your mail carrier could use a new job. She is acting very childish but writing things down for you rather than talking about it like an adult. When Autumn was young I took her out each day to see the mailman so she would get used to him and let him do his job. She only runs up to him when I say its okay, she isn't allowed to run up to anybody without permission.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton