Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I will be leaving for the hospital in about half an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Johanna, perhaps you can start a new thread when you hear from Sara......that might help!
    But make sure to link it here!!!

no news yet???

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Could be a couple of days guys, especially for a first time mom and if she wasn't quite ready sometimes it takes a while for the drugs to work, sometimes up to three days in rare cases, then she still has labor to go through so it could be quite a while yet.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Could be a couple of days guys, especially for a first time mom and if she wasn't quite ready sometimes it takes a while for the drugs to work, sometimes up to three days in rare cases, then she still has labor to go through so it could be quite a while yet.
    Just going to post this.... First time moms have a hard time with labor. My mom was in labor with me for 32 hours So it could still be awhile

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSunshine
    Just going to post this.... First time moms have a hard time with labor. My mom was in labor with me for 32 hours So it could still be awhile
    That's a myth. It's really just up to each individual woman. I just had my first baby in December. I was started on pitocin at 7:30am, they broke my water by 8:15am, I started pushing at 5pm and Aidan was born at 5:19pm. The woman across the hall from me was being induced with her fourth child and I beat her. It depends on the woman, not the number of pregnancies she's had.

They broke my daughters water at 8:45 AM Charity arrived at 12:45 PM first timer and 24years old age as nothing to do with it either.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I have heard nothing from Sara. I have left messages on her home and cell phone asking for anyone to call me. I am so praying she isn't still in labor, though, that is likely what is going on.
    Last edited by Cataholic; 07-07-2006 at 11:59 AM.

I was hoping for some good news. Yous are still in my thoughts & I'm still checking for updates.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    It isn't actually a 'myth'...as **most** first labors are longer. Of course, there are exceptions to all generalities. Yours being one of them (though, 10.5 hours of labor, **after** pitocin, isn't exactly speedy, is it?).
    Considering I was only 1cm dialated up to that point (39 weeks along) and not effaced, I'd say that a 10 hour labor ain't bad. He actually probably should've been born about an hour earlier, but I was scared and didn't tell them I felt like I could push until I couldn't stand it anymore. At any rate, I don't have a medical background so I can only go off what my OBGYN told me and that is that every woman is different, every labor is different, so the "first time labors are always longer" is just an old wives' tale. It is completely up to the woman, not the number of pregnancies she's had.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match - neither of us have any medical background - I'm just telling you what my OB told me when I asked her what I could expect when we first began talking inductions.

Just think, if Alden is born today, he'll be one LUCKY baby! 7-7-06

Hopefully if he isn't born already, he will be soon........

Hang in there Sara!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Dang, I thought for sure there would be an update by now!! Geez!!!

Should I start a new thread, that everyone can subscribe to, and NO ONE can post anything until I post an update? That way, everyone knows the ONLY reply to the post will be an update?

I don't want to keep people in the dark....but, I know nothing right now. AND, to top it off, I am leaving for vacation tomorrow am, without computer!!!

Really, I never quite understand your animosity towards me. It is like you have some secret need to be nasty towards me, something I can't ever fathom.
    Johanna,

From the sounds of it, you could USE a vacation. Where's that coming from anyway???

This thread is about Sara and Alden. Geez!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good thing my boss is in meetings out of the office today. I keep checking this thread for updates! I keep drumming my fingers, shaking my foot, etc. LOL!! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Puppy
    That's a myth. It's really just up to each individual woman. I just had my first baby in December. I was started on pitocin at 7:30am, they broke my water by 8:15am, I started pushing at 5pm and Aidan was born at 5:19pm. The woman across the hall from me was being induced with her fourth child and I beat her. It depends on the woman, not the number of pregnancies she's had.
    I should've added IN GENERAL to my sentence