Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Darn its out already! I gota go see it.

I can't wait to see this movie it looks funny well hopefuly Ill see it this week.

Just got back from seeing it with a friend- we thought it was really funny, except for, of course, the parts where things jump out at you.

Jack will obviously show up in the next movie, so I'm not too worried about that. XP

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I thought it was great! I saw it this afternoon. It is truly like riding a roller coaster, very very fun! It's a bit gorier, a little more violent than the first one. And, the makeup and costumes are superb! The sound in the movie is wonderfully layered, you can hear everything! Even the grody, squishy stuff that you'd be all right if you couldn't hear. It's campy in some parts, which is part of the charm, and, I thought they stayed true to the characters. I honestly think there's more chemistry between Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley than Knightley and Orlando Bloom, but, I'll have to watch the first one to see if I felt that way then, too...or if it is just the nature of the plot in this one. Overall, I thought the film was really really good. I loved the cages! That was so creative! I give it two thumbs up!!!!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir
    I highly doubt someone of her "lady" status would bother....yet, in the movie, she seems to be able to fight just fine. I think that's dumb
    I do remember in the first one (or maybe I am wrong, it's been awhile ) that she didn't really relish the whole "lady" status...that she was almost tomboyish. But, again, I could be wrong! And, when I read your comment, having not noticed her fighting in the previews or anything, I thought, that is kinda strange, but, maybe she had just learned from Will or something. And, I hope you don't consider this a spoiler, but, she does mention that in the movie...something about Will teaching her to use a sword...and, she really doesn't fight fantastically or anything, just basic stuff. Anyway, just thought I'd comment now that I've seen the film.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

O-M-G! I saw it last night with my dad. I can honestly say, I have a favorite new movie. GREAT graphic and scenery. As said earlier, it was kind of gross and a little bit frightening but I LOVED it. I never saw the first one but you can still get what's going on even if you didn't. I REALLY hate it when they leave you at a cliffhanger, which they did...BUT that means more Pirates of The Caribbean movies!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    I honestly think there's more chemistry between Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley than Knightley and Orlando Bloom, but, I'll have to watch the first one to see if I felt that way then, too...or if it is just the nature of the plot in this one.
    I was thinking the same thing! I definitely saw what was coming. It seemed that way in the first one too, but even more so in the second.

I liked it Can't wait for the 3rd one...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Loved It!

Critics be da**ed! I saw it last night with a friend and LOVED it! Fast (was it really 2.5 hours long?), funny, the special effects, stunts (loved the wheel thing), costuming and make-up are TERRIFIC. We all know Captain Jack will be back ..... I loved the cliffhanger ending and can't wait for Pirates 3, which starts filming next month.

Pirates Trivia question: What is the name of the original captain of the Black Pearl? The one at the very end?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Pirates Trivia question: What is the name of the original captain of the Black Pearl?
    Captain Barbossa played by Geoffrey Rush. I love him, he's so awesome.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

It is the school holidays here, so my daughter and her friend went and saw it, they both loved it, said it was as good as the first one, I will have to wait until my wedding anniversary on the 4th of August to see it, but i hope it is worth the wait, i have freebie passes then too, so will be a cheap and nice evening out.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just came home from it 15 minutes ago! I thought it was pretty good, but I was confused and needed explaining on some parts. I dont really like how it ended, or should I say stopped? I also can not wait to see the third one so it can continue where it left off.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

We are probably going to watch it tommorow now that the week has started and the theater has hopefully calmed down a bit. It seems really good, and since I loved the first one, I think I'll like this one too.

I read that on opening day it grossed $55 million beating the old record of $50 million earned by Star Wars Episode 3, setting a new record. Also it beat Spider-Man's old three day record of $115 million, setting it at a high $132 million. Hope I didn't make that too confusing.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I saw it today and I really enjoyed it. Of course I loved the first one too. We arrived late though so I just have a question I'm hoping somebody can clear up for me. Was Jack in a coffin (floating) at the beginning or something else? How did he get there? I came in right as the bird landed on top and he came out I was a bit confused. I also missed how he got on the boat (was looking for my parents at the time they ended up in the wrong theater lol) Thanks.

As cavylove said, I'll be off with her and our other friend Katherine to see it on Friday! It'll be great

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    I saw it today and I really enjoyed it. Of course I loved the first one too. We arrived late though so I just have a question I'm hoping somebody can clear up for me. Was Jack in a coffin (floating) at the beginning or something else? How did he get there? I came in right as the bird landed on top and he came out I was a bit confused. I also missed how he got on the boat (was looking for my parents at the time they ended up in the wrong theater lol) Thanks.
    It showed the Black Pearl anchored just off shore of the island. Some men were tossing coffins into the sea and after they drifted out aways, Jack shot a hole in the coffin top, used the bone leg of the other coffin occupant as an oar and rowed to the Black Pearl.

His men helped him onboard and began eagerly asking him if he found what he was looking for. It was implied that he snuck into the prison, but we never are told how... only the why. He went in for the drawing of the key.

Andy and I saw it last night and we really enjoyed it! It was a bit slow at some points but had a lot of twists and turns. We're eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment!

Did anyone else stay in the theater till the end of the credits?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June