Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Aidan Please (not a joke)

Prayers for Aidan Please (not a joke)

Josh and I had to take Aidan to the hospital last night. He has a horrible cold with a post-nasal drip that makes him cough like crazy all the time. When he coughs after he eats, they're so violent he throws everything he just ate back up. Since Monday night, he's only kept down about 4oz. The hospital sent us home saying they couldn't find anything physically wrong (aside from the cold). I am to keep trying to give him food like normal (just did, he only took 4.5oz. and threw up at least 1-2 of it so far), try giving him PediaLite by medicine dropper to keep him hydrated and just wait it out.

I'm so frustrated. I know there's no cure for the cold but I just keep thinking there must be something more THEY can to. He has barely slept in two days because he's been coughing, he has barely eaten. I'd almost feel better if they sedated him and gave him an IV or something! I don't know. I just hate seeing him like this.

If you could please spare some prayers for Aidan, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm worried sick for my little boy.

Aidan

Have you tried a vaporizer in his room with a little vicks in it, it helps break up the phlem and helps them sleep. Good luck Joann

Hope Aidan feels better soon. Unfortunately, there isnt allot that can be down for the common cold. It's especially hard on wee little ones because dr's hestiate giving medications out for babies. I'd get a vaporizor which will help him breath better. One good thing about throwing up is he is more likely getting rid of the mucus from the cold.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Poor Aidan, he'll be in our prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are coming at you guys. Please get better little guy!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Awww! There is nothing worse than a sick baby (human or animal). As long as he is keeping some of what he eats down I think he will be OK. Poor baby, I have sent a prayer up that he get well soon...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Aw, that's hard as an adult to deal with, I can't imagine as a little baby.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Poor Aidan! Colds and fevers with no visible cause are the worse. There's not much you can do but make them as comfortable as possible and wait it out. Prayers going up for Aidan and for you and Josh!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Awww poor little man, I hope he feels much better soon

If Katie ever coughed like this I used to sit in the bathroom with her, shut the door and windows and put the shower on as hot as possible so she could breathe in the steam
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Anytime Mimi gets congested, I use the Vicks baby-rub on her constantly. Reapplied with every diaper change. It really seems to help, especially overnight.

But she's never coughed as hard as poor Aidan seems to be.

Hugs to you both and good thoughts to feel better soon.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Poor guy He will definatley be in our prayers!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Poor baby and poor you! You guys are in my prayers. Have you tried the sit-in-the-bathroom/steamroom with the hot water running trick? Seems like I spent many a night like that until my lungs cleared enough to get some sleep.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Not a fun time. Have you elevated one end of his crib? I did that with Jonah one time. It seemed to slightly help.

I wouldn't get **too** concerned with the loss of appetite. As long as he takes in some fluids, he should be okay. Also, Jonah hated the pedialyte. BUT, the gatorade? That was a winner. I gave him that diluted. Pedialyte is gross.

Our doctor said he didn't care for PediaLyte, so he suggested Liquilytes from Gerber. I'll try them in a little while.

Oh, poor baby! Sending prayers and good thoughts....

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)