Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Rude!

How Rude!

I swear! I just don't understand people sometimes!
    Yesterday we went to get the Durable Power of Attorney for Pet Care notarized, and you should have seen the way they acted!
    I was so PO'D! First the woman up front said, "I've never heard of this!", then ran to the back to get the woman who does the notarizing, so what does she say? "35 years doing this and I've never seen such a thing!" and starts laughing! I know it probably sounds harmless, but she was a real jerk (I like Chucks way of saying it TROLL!)She laughed the whole time we were there! I tried telling them we have no kids so we just want to make sure our dogs are taken care of in case something were to happen to us. Of course, they totally ignored me!
    When we left, Marks nephew told us how sorry he was for the way she acted (he was the one who suggested going there to get it done). Hey, it's not his fault.
    Why in the world are people so heartless?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I think if that was me I would be phoning the company or writing a letter and complaining. They do not need to be ignorant. If that fell apon deaf ears I think I would be posting something in the local news paper about it....
    Just my thoughts...

There are people in the world that simply consider pets as "property" , they have no concept of pets as family. I feel very sorry for those people, not knowing the joy off coming home after a hard day at work, to be greeted by pets that love you, and never think you are wrong.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Anna I'm sorry they were so rude to you and Mark. They are obviously ignorant. It makes me angry just reading about it. They definitely bought themselves some bad advertising!!!!!!

Don't you just hate that? I hate the way people can be ignorant. So what if they think you are silly for taking care of your pets and wanting to mae sure they are in good hands if something were to happen to you or Mark. I think that people are rapidly losing their sense of curtisy!

I am sure lots of Pet Talkers, just like myself, get picked on about caring so much for their pets and spoiling them. May father felt so strongly about it that he actaully said Andrew and I needed help! We were so mad at him and didn't speak for a while. I finally told him he had things he did that I thought were silly, but never told him he needed help!

The way I see it, people should mind their own business and when at wor, ACT PROFFESSIONAL!

I've been laughed at, called "Mother Earth", told I will never get a husband with all of these animals.....but no one has ever insulted me in quite that way.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that treatment, Anna. It isn't fair, and what you are doing will help to keep your babies safe if something happens to you. Attached to my will, is a page that gives names, phone numbers, etc for where each animal should go in case of my demise. The only one not accounted for at this point is poor Butter. Any volunteers??? I'm teasing....but I know exactly what your intentions were, and I'm so sorry that anyone made fun of you for doing it. Hopefully, you taught them a lesson that they needed to learn and might ponder on later.

The good, the bad and the ugly

You know, its folks like that, that make folks like us look really much better than we are really.....

There is just no excuse for behaving the way they did. Very unprofessional, at best. Sorry you had to deal with them but keep in mind the reason you went there and they did provide a service, however unprofessional it was......

"Set it free" .... you were composed and proper, they were the fools...

Great idea about the pet thing - power of attorney....

Anna, I would definitely contact that woman's supervisor and alert them to her behavior...she is there to perform a service and help YOU, not to make fun of you by laughing in your face. God, stupid people really make me angry!! (I would say something else, but I don't want to offend!)

Logan, tell the ignoramuses that tell you that you won't find a husband with all the animals, that you have a friend in Indiana with 13 (probably soon to be 14) dogs that is happily married to a man that loves them as much as she does! :P~~~~~~~''

I also, get stupid remarks like yours too. I will talk to Mike about doing that too!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

That is horrible! and unprofessional! As a notary you are not required, nor should you read the contents of the material you are notarizing. Your responsibility is only to verify the validity of the signatures. I hope you mention this to the womans superiors.

Originally posted by Logan
    I've been laughed at, called "Mother Earth", told I will never get a husband with all of these animals.....
    JEESH!! That is just terrible!! I really do pity the people that can't or won't let the love of an animal change their lives. Personally, you can really tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals, and there are plenty of men out there that love animals as much as we do. They may not admit it, or talk as about it as much, but they're there!! And, you'll know you picked a winner if he likes your animals!! I guess you could say that having animals helps you weed out all the bad ones to make room for the RIGHT one!
    **HUGS**

I agree, the way that lady treated you, Anna...was indeed very unprofessional. My guess is that she acted that way because she had no idea that such a thing existed. Instead of saying, I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that...let me look into it...she put up a front by laughing in your face, because she didn't know what else to do. That's definitely NOT the way to handle things when one is ignorant. She needs to be doing a little more research into what her job entails! I do agree that you should make a complaint to her superior.
    **hugs**

It's her place, she has no superiors!
    What a way to run your own business. And Mark said the same thing, we did what we needed to do, she got her two bucks and we will never go there again!

Well, thank you all for your support, and not thinking I was just being petty

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna, I was so sorry you had to suffer this indignity!! And I agree that you should write a letter to the supervisor stating your disappointment at the inappropriate, rude response and harsh treatment you received. It is there job to notorize, not pass judgement re: what is being notorized!! The important thing is that you know that what you were doing was the kindest, most responsible thing a guardain of animals can do. Every animal/pet publication and organization ENCOURAGES such a proviso. You are the kind, compassionate responsible one. This person was simply rude. You should write the letter and forget about her! I am sure she is very miserable in her own existance and probably wishes someone cared as much about her as you do about Angus and Roxey!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You Are Right...

MEAN PEOPLE S*** !!!
    Personalized Pet Mats by Carla

Carla's Web Page
    http://communities.msn.com/doyourselfafavor

Man, that's cruel! Some people just can't comprehend that it is possible to love a furbaby as if it was a human baby! I'm sorry you had to go through that, and especially when you were trying to make sure your dogs would be alright if something happened (what a nice thought).

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

To Slave of 15 Dogs,

I would not want to bet on odds, who my husband
    would save in an emergency. It would probably
    be pepper before me. hehehe

The woman might have never heard of this reason before,
    but her actions were very unprofessional.
    I bet she would be surprised how many attorney's
    handle wills that their clients make sure their
    pets our taken care of incase their owners
    pass away.

----<---<--<{(@