Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance?

The DVR failed me last night, but I thought last week that Thursday night was pointless, as all the votes were cast, so I just read the results online.

Hey, I like Allison, she's already been on one movie (Nigel mentioned it, 'High School Musical' Wednesday night) and I am sure she has a bright future ahead of her. And in Ryan's style, he's much better than in other styles, so I am sure he will do well in the real world as well. He's just got amazing musculature and control and extension. He'll do well. I wasn't surprised to hear he was gone.

I wasn't surprised with ryan leaving. he is great in his element but he never really stood out to me. My hubby thinks allison is one of the best all around dancers that was on the show.

I'm pulling for Benji though lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

What did you guys think about tonight?? I LOVED tonight's show - such fun

With only six dancers left - everyone is just fabulous...but hubby and I both predict that the two with the lowest votes will be Natalie and Ivan.

Of the other four - Benji, Travis, Heidi and Donyelle - I love them all

One of the judges said to vote the the dancers that are most fun to watch. Taking that advice, I believe the most fun is Benji - I HAVE to smile when I watch him dance.

That waltz that Heidi and Travis did was beautiful wasn't it?

Did it look like Donyelle was in pain at the end of her solo tonight???

I LOVED tonight's show..I finally didn't forget to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed

Did it look like Donyelle was in pain at the end of her solo tonight???
    yeah, the judges burned her pretty badly.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Ah! You guys are killing me! 1 1/4 hours until it airs here in San Francisco. Travis dancing the waltz! I can't wait!

Donyelle was injured last week (her knee) - perhaps it's still bothering her?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Ah! You guys are killing me! 1 1/4 hours until it airs here in San Francisco. Travis dancing the waltz! I can't wait!
    What did you think of it??? I think they called Travis's dance slow waltz or was it smooth waltz?

Parts of that dance are still in my mind - so pretty!! I have several "memory tapes" of dances that play in my mind - and they are all of Heidi's routines.
    Well, I do have a couple memory tapes of Dmitry, too

I will be sad when the series ends with the finale next week. I sure have enjoyed it and learned alot about different dances. Now, I would like to go to another dance production so I can watch with a better eye of appreciation you know?? I am watching the Fox website for more info about the Top 10 Tour - hubby and I want to get tickets

While I was searching the net, I found a video of various productions that Mia Michaels choreographed and it is breathtaking!!! Take a look Mia Michaels Reel...oh my!!! It has clips from Celine Dion's A New Day...WOW!!

I said the same thing to my hubby about Donyelle. I didn't know she hurt her knee though. I know natalie had a knee brace on and I know Donyelle had a possibly broken toe earlier in the show. But she definately looked to be in a lot of pain. It was even hard for her to fake smile.

I LOVE Benji I also can't help but smile when I watch him.

I think in the finale everyone dances with each other at least once. The guys dance together and the girls do a dance together and then each couple does a dance. I don't know if they do a solo or not but I would imagine they do. It's going to be a great show

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    What did you think of it??? I think they called Travis's dance slow waltz or was it smooth waltz?

Parts of that dance are still in my mind - so pretty!! I have several "memory tapes" of dances that play in my mind - and they are all of Heidi's routines.
    Well, I do have a couple memory tapes of Dmitry, too

I will be sad when the series ends with the finale next week. I sure have enjoyed it and learned alot about different dances. Now, I would like to go to another dance production so I can watch with a better eye of appreciation you know?? I am watching the Fox website for more info about the Top 10 Tour - hubby and I want to get tickets

While I was searching the net, I found a video of various productions that Mia Michaels choreographed and it is breathtaking!!! Take a look Mia Michaels Reel...oh my!!! It has clips from Celine Dion's A New Day...WOW!!
    Travis' performance last night brought me to tears and I couldn't stop voting for him. He's an amazing dancer! I didn't like Heidi at first, her cabbage patch face does look very hard at times, but she's amazing. I voted for her too.

Benji, Benji, Benji - He just might win this thing. I voted for him too.

Donyelle did look to be in pain. I didn't really care for her solo, but I voted for her too.

I actually went and took an intro to Samba class the other day - what fun! As a former dancer, I just love this stuff. Reminds me of me when I was in my prime, performing and auditioning. It's really hard work.

I'm still thinking about getting tickets to their show here. Mia Michaels bugs me and I just can't put my finger on it. Probably because I never really understood modern dance (I guess now they're calling it "contemporary"). I'm at work right now, but I will check out that site when I get home.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Next week is the finale?! Oh NO!! I can feel the withdrawals coming on already!!

Do they pick one boy and one girl as the winner or just one PERSON period?

Gosh, this is getting harder and harder, they are all so talented, but if I had to pick only one, it would be........BENJI............

You all are right, he just makes me grin when he dances, slow or fast, I'm just beaming like a proud parent!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay
    Next week is the finale?! Oh NO!! I can feel the withdrawals coming on already!!

Do they pick one boy and one girl as the winner or just one PERSON period?

Gosh, this is getting harder and harder, they are all so talented, but if I had to pick only one, it would be........BENJI............

You all are right, he just makes me grin when he dances, slow or fast, I'm just beaming like a proud parent!

Just one person.

I think Benji too

I know what you mean about beaming like a proud parent lol I clap for him and everything.

I loved last night's show! It's coming down to the wire and this is when the dancers really need to step it up. I have to say I was so not impressed by Ivan and Natalie's routines. I'm hoping she's gone tonight. I think Ivan will be the next guy to go, but he's already come further than anyone thought he could/would.

Heidi and Travis were awesome! I voted for both of them. Benji is my favourite still, though, I think. But I don't think he should be dancing for Celine Dion. He needs to be on Broadway!! He'd be great in a musical, he has that kind of personality. Donyelle was definitely not up to par. I didn't know she was dancing with an injury, but something was definitely up. She's usually one of my favourites and she just didn't do it for me last night. But, I voted for her just so I can try to get Natalie voted off. Heidi is amazing, Travis is amazing, Benji is amazing. Those 3 deserve to have come this far, and I'd be happy if any of them won. I have a feeling it will be Benji or Travis though.

I'm curious to see what happens tonight...
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I had kind of guessed that Natalie and Ivan would be the ones leaving. I like them both, but they haven't been performing as well as the rest of them lately. Everyone that's left is my favorite so I have no idea who I want to win! I have a feeling it will be Benji though.

I was so sad last night . I didn't want to see anyone leave. I wish they could all stay and keep on entertaning us...lol. I'm hoping for Benji or Heidi to win. I just love those two. They seem to have shining personalities and look so happy to be dancing that it makes me happy. They seem to give it all they have when they are out there on that dance floor and they have done such a remarkable job at learning all the different styles. Travis, my goodness what can you say about him...lol..that boy is flawless! Donyelle was fabulous in the 1st half of the show, but for me she has lost her edge in the last few weeks and it makes me wonder if it was Benji that made her shine so much in the beginning. *Sigh* All 4 of them are awesome and I wish they could all win. I say we have a "do over" so we can bring back all 10 girls and 10 boys and keep on watching them . I am really going to miss this show!! I'll be waiting for Dancing with the Stars to start up next and anxiously awaiting the next season of "So You Think You Can Dance!"

I was soooooo happy to see Natalie FINALLY get voted off. God, she bugs me! I was sad to see Ivan go, though. But I don't think this is the last we'll be seeing of him. He's got some amazing talent and with a bit of training he'll go so far in the industry.

Next week is going to be nerve wracking! I don't want to see anyone that's left NOT win. Can't we call it a 4-way tie? Judging from the response of the crowd, I think Benji has won the hearts of just about everyone.

One thing, Mia Michaels was BRUTAL last night with the girls, and with Benji. I mean, DAMN! What is her issue? Like they're not all stressed enough, we need a judge to tell them how crappy they are. I think she was totally wrong about Heidi. Heidi has proved just how versatile she is. Everything she has done, she's done brilliantly. Donyelle is basically dancing on a broken toe... I just think she was overly and unnecessarily harsh.

I can't wait for the tour.. it's coming to Phoenix, and we're ready to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

If you watched Mia Michaels's video that Sirrahbed posted, you will see that Mia is choreographing Celine Dion's show. The prize for winning So You Think You Can Dance this year is a one-year contract dancing in Celine's show.

Did you pay attention to Mia's critique's last night? Yes, she was brutal but she also gave a HUGE hint as to who the winner probably will be - Travis.

She criticized Benji for being too limited and praised Travis for his technical training and versatility.

Is the show fixed? Probably, but since they never post the actual voting totals, we'll never know. They're all terrific dancers and will go far in their careers.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here