Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

I need help. Um I am 13, and I have been thinking latley and I just keep feeling like I should get another dog. My dog I have right now is just so happy when she plays with the neighbor dogs and I think she would be happier with another dog. What should I do? Or. How do I convince my parents to let me adopt another dog?
    Luvs Kate!!!

Come on... Anyone got any suggestions?
    Luvs Kate!!!

first of al, WELCOME TO PT!!

we can't tell you how to convince your parents to get another dog. but when your parents are ready for another dog i suggest you look at your local humane society. you can see dogs for adoption at petfinder.com

good luck!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Thanks much!
    Luvs Kate!!!

and.... remember dogs can be costly so talk to your parents to make sure they can afford to fit another dog into your household budget.

I am about 5 years older than you but I too was in the same position. I convinced my parents by being responsible. I now have 3 dogs to show for it.

I did extra chores around the house and made it so that my parents didn't have to do one thing doggie related. When my dog had to go outside, eat, walk, etc. I was the one to do it. And yes, picking up doggie wastes was my responsibility, too. I saved my money for the adoption fee.

Ultimately, it is your parent's decision as they are the ones who have to support financially. I was able to get a third dog and make many decisions when it comes to my dogs because I now have an income and pay for them.

Generally, if they say no.. there's a very good reason behind that choice.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

i agree with Kay. prooving you are responsible will more than likely help.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Welcome to PT first of all...

I agree with Kay also. The best thing would be to show that you are responsible enough for another dog!

Good luck!
    Steph and the crew

I hope you keep an open mind about the future. In 4-5 years you might be going to college or trying to find your first apartment. You might leave your dog/dogs with your parents if they are willing to care for them while you are in school and two energetic dogs might not be something they are up to dealing with. And finding a place is hard enough with one. Maybe you can find an adult dog that is still playful now, but that you'd expect to have slowed down quite a bit by that time. An adult will probably be trained and neutered too which leaves less worry for your parents.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    I hope you keep an open mind about the future. In 4-5 years you might be going to college or trying to find your first apartment. You might leave your dog/dogs with your parents if they are willing to care for them while you are in school and two energetic dogs might not be something they are up to dealing with. And finding a place is hard enough with one. Maybe you can find an adult dog that is still playful now, but that you'd expect to have slowed down quite a bit by that time. An adult will probably be trained and neutered too which leaves less worry for your parents.
    That is exactly what my Baby sister did she got a dog and now is in College and we are the ones that look after it!

Thanks SOOO MUCH! I WILL TRY THAT STARTING NOW! Hopfully it will work! You guys give awsome advice!
    Luvs Kate!!!

I was never in your boat as I have always had dogs.. but I agree with Kay. Show that you are responsible by cleaning the house, doing chores the first time being asked, etc. Good luck! and please know that dogs are very costly and make sure your parents know that, too.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    That is exactly what my Baby sister did she got a dog and now is in College and we are the ones that look after it!
    I know. But the dog I have now is VERY well behaved and I dont think my parents would want me to take her away. They love her. And they would probably get attached to a new dog too.
    Luvs Kate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses
    I was never in your boat as I have always had dogs.. but I agree with Kay. Show that you are responsible by cleaning the house, doing chores the first time being asked, etc. Good luck! and please know that dogs are very costly and make sure your parents know that, too.
    Dont worry we know the costs of a dog.And we have no problem of paying for it.
    Luvs Kate!!!

Any other suggestions?
    Luvs Kate!!!