Thread: Fleas!!

Fleas!!

Ok, it seems all my prevention failed. 2 months ago we got Kota, the newest foster. After his first week I suspected he had fleas, although I couldn't find any sign of them other than his chewing and scratching.
    I sprayed him and re-frontlined everyone just to be safe.
    Then late last week I washed and groomed all pups (except Kota because he HATES the water). I found fleas on Tikaani. That night instead of bringing the dogs in, they stayed out. They have been out ever since. The plan was- move dogs from enclosure, treat enclosure for several days, treat dogs, check, and recheck, before returning them to their yard.

That plan has been postponed. Turns out, we must've had eggs laying about somewhere that all decided to hatch at once. By saturday the entire house was infested! I can't beleive it could get so bad so fast, overnight we suddenly had fleas!
    So we left the house, bombed it, and returned.
    No change.
    I got a flea kill spray, saturated everything I possibly could, and bombed again.
    I'M STILL FINDING FLEAS!
    I haven't even gotten to the dogs yet! To save time and get them done asap, I called all the local groomers, and they're booked for the next 3-5 weeks. Between the dogs and the house, and the kennel, I'm totally overwhelmed.
    Now with all the rain we had our basement flooded, and when I called pest control companies they all said that until the basement is dry they should probably wait to treat the house.
    What works? Is there anything out there strong enough to kill these things in the house, in the yard, and on the dogs?
    Jen and pack

For Tok, I will always remember the happier days when you howled and played as one of our pack. You will never be forgotten, and you can never be replaced. God has a special place for special creatures, and that is where we will meet again. Forever in our hearts, love always, your family.

Wow that is amazing all that happened like that. I have never had an outbreak like that. Yeh you need a professional. Boy when it rains it pours no pun intended on your basement. I owuld say get the professionals in and I would see how to get your yard treated to at the same time even if you have to board your dogs for a few days and get them treated during that time. if flea bombs didnt work I dont know what to tell you. Good luck and let us know what they do.
    RIo&Nickysmommy