Thread: A sad sighting....

A sad sighting....

I don't expect any responses to this...I just need to get this out.

I was driving to work this morning when I caught something in the corner of my eye while waiting for the traffic to move.

A big black kitty must have been hit by a car. However, some kind soul must have stopped because kitty was moved to the soft grass, partially wrapped in a blanket and was surrounded with brightly coloured flowers. I lost it and now I've completed my journey to work and my tears still flow....for only we can understand the compassion that this kind human being possesses and grieve for the unknown kitty.

RIP sweet kitty.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Poor sweet kitty.

This sounds a lot like me. If I see a kitty on the side of the road I try to either find the owner or at least move the kitty off to the side in a comfortable spot. If I have a towel or the like with me that is wrapped around them as well.
    I feel it is something I have to do as I can not stand the thought of the kitty laying there forever, with no one to aknowledge that he/she passed away.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

really sad but i´m glad we still have caring people on this planet..........bless teh person who took time to move him to a safer spot and show condolences to a strage kitty.......RIP black kitty
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

That was lovely, that someone would take the time to take care of this cat's body and show respect to him as a once living being.

So often, you can't stop and have to drive on but I try to when I can. Some years ago, I saw a long-haired tabby in the middle of the road fairly near to home and people were driving around the body. I couldn't bear to leave him there because sooner or later someone wouldn't swerve, so I went back with rubber gloves - which turned out to be very lucky because as I picked up the body I realized it had been there for a number of hours. No-one in the area knew who he belonged to, so I simply laid him on the grass at the side of the road hoping that his owner would see and still be able to recognize him.

Another time, I was driving along my home road when I saw a white cat that I'd seen wander slowly across the road hundreds of times lying in the gutter right outside the house where he lived. I stopped and backed up to check that he was dead, and was shocked to see his head come up. When I called at the house, they were very concerned but couldn't leave to take him to the vet for an hour or so!!!!!! So, I asked for a towel, laid him on my passenger seat and drove him to the vet about five minutes away. He was very gentle and simply kept lifting up his head, meowing at me so pitifully. I found out later that he had two broken ribs and they had pierced his spinal column, paralysing him, and his owner had him euthanized since nothing could be done.

It was obvious from the way his body was laid out straight that someone had at least stopped and moved him to the gutter, but I wish they'd checked his chest for a heartbeat because he had been lying there for possibly hours as cars drove right past him. It's a lesson I have not forgotten - that an inert body does not mean the cat, or dog, is dead.

Bless you, Slick for telling us about this, and allowing us to remember there are compassionate people in this world (you, one of them), and helping us realize that sometimes there isn't anything we can do, but show compassion.

RIP poor, sweet black kitty. Know that someone cared enough to take you out of the street and lay you onto the soft grass where you could continue your journey to the RB. Play and run hard sweet baby.

If only more people like that were around.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

RIP Sweet Kitty

If Mark is with me I make him stop so I can move the body to the side, out of respect for the person who just might own the kitty. It always bothers me to think of people who are mean and will drive right over the cat making it worse for someone who the animal may belong to and I also feel that the kitty should have someone to respect it....I do the same for song birds (Robin's, Cardinals, etc)...I guess it just breaks my heart. My heart broke so badly one day, a daddy Cardinal had been hit by the car in front of me, and it fell to the road and momma was right behind him flying after him, she came flying back and fell to the road where she continued to chirp at him. I stopped the car, moved daddy, said I was so sorry to momma and cried so hard. As I was coming home after doing my errands, momma was still there grieving....and I cried more.

When I lived in my old house someone had run over a kitty and I pulled it to the side of the road and left it there for a day, I figured that if kitty actually belonged to someone they would want to know what happened, unfortunately the day went by with no one stopping so I buried the kitty in my front yard, at least kitty had a resting place.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I was driving downtown to my daughter's graduation from law school
    when I noticed this grey cat in the middle of the road. It must have just
    been hit by one of the cars i was following.The cat could not get up and
    was turning it's body in circles as it struggled to move.I pulled over to the side of the road to get to the cat & noticed the car behind me also stopped
    and pulled over.There was a break in the traffic (thank God) and the guy
    got out of the car & moved the cat to the grassy area next to the road.

The cat was so quiet & I thought it might be in shock but definately needed
    to see a Vet.This guy took a blanket from his trunk and layed the cat on it.
    I explained where I was going & didn't want to miss the graduation, so the
    man agreed to take the cat to his Vet. I offered money to help pay for the
    medical attention, but the guy declined & said he would do it. I thanked him
    over & over for his kindness. The man had his two daughters with him in the
    car.As I drove off I thought what a great lesson to
    have taught your children. Kindness does matter.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lizbud,

What a great story! Did you ever find out the outcome of the kitty??

Reminds me of when I saw the big white with black stray cat that kept getting caught up in the trap when Eli fell out of my window, laying on the side of the road in front of my apartment building. I picked him up and buried him in the backyard of my building. At least he had a decent burial.

It angers me that people have such disrespect for living beings.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

No Donna, I never did. I was so upset by the sight of the kitty's struggles
    to stand & the fact that it needed immediate attention. I was thinking of
    how to explain this as the reason I missed the ceremony. I was a mess.

I did not even get the man's name, I'm sorry now that I may never know
    what became of the cat. I really thought it's injuries were probably to it's
    spine. At least I can trust that the kitty was treated with respect.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

God will bless the person who moved this cat. Sometimes it's the smallest acts of kindnedd that really show the world our humanity.

It just shows us that there are still some good people out there!!! I am glad about that!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

poor kitty. i hate seeing unknown cats/dogs on the side of the road.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Thats Sad That That Poor Cat Was Not Kept In Where He Would Have Been Safe.
    Now At Least Hes A Pet Angel, And Has A Name , And Is Safe Now.
    I Wish These Drivers Would Realize That These Pets Are Important To Us And Be More Careful.
    Everyones In Such A Hurry.
    Rip Black Cat, We Pray You Somewhere Are Missed.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

A sad sighting

Poor little black kitty. All any of us can hope is that you came from a home where you knew nothing but love, care, and gentleness. RIP at the Rainbow Bridge where you will be welcomed by all the kitty angels. Even though we never had the joy of knowing you, PT folks will miss you.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE