Thread: YOO-HOO MAGOO?????? Meet Avery!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

YOO-HOO MAGOO?????? Meet Avery!

First an introduction. My friend Mary who I've known for some 25 years moved up last month from Port Charlotte Florida. Being a single mom, disabled with back problems etc. she never had the $$ to alter her cats, but when she decided to move up here, she had no plans for her cats. I told her to bring them ALL up (including daddy cat Kandell). I quickly found a foster home for the mom cat that I named "Charlotte" as Mary drove straight thru from Pt. Charlotte with 2 dogs, 4 kittens, and 2 adult cats, and my favorite childhood book was "Charlotte's Web". "Avery" has been vision impaired since his eyes opened, no doubt from infection, but I'm taking his condition one day at a time. He has very weepy eyes, and the vet thinks he should have both eyes enucleated, but I'm of course wanting to see how Avery sees first. He just joined the M*A*S*H Unit 2 days ago, and I caged him so he could at first get familiar with his new surroundings. He came out today..and meowed his soooooo Siamese voice when he felt insecure. OK.....weepy...on ointment.....MEET AVERY!!!! P.S. Daddy cat Kandell is in a forever home now..along with Charlotte & Avery's littermates.

I'm sure that he has SOME vision, but it's sooo hard to tell 100% He's such a darling little boy :-)

He wants to explore the house, but I need to wean him into the rest of the monsters!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

bless her heart. thanks so much for taking the poor dear in!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Awwww....wishing healing for wee Avery! I hope the infection clears up soon!

Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I know you know to give him time. The first picture I saw of my Mishi, his eyes were swollen shut just like that with a bad eye infection. It took many weeks of TLC by the wonderful people at Animal Savers up in Sacramento, CA, but Mishi can see today; in fact he has the most beautiful huge green eyes. Prayers going out that Avery's eyes heal. He looks like a wonderful boy - but if course I'm just a little bit partial to orangies

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Awwww Jan!!! He is adoreable and I know you will work your magic on him and get him all better. He is so darn cute!!!

Welcome to PT and the Mash Unit Avery. You are a little doll!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

You are awesome for taking in that ADORABLE little boy and doing everything you can for him!

Avery, you are a Q-T PIE and a half!

He's adorable.Can his eyes be cleened out and sewed so they feel better for him lke my tucker?

Oh nooooo, what an awful infection. I will pray that Avery gets better and his eyes clear up. I really hope he doesn't have to have them removed and be blind That would break my heart. He's just so cute, another orangie who will no doubt gain a big fan club on Pet Talk.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Avery's eyes have been like this since birth, so there probably isn't much more the vets can do for them. He's been on a few different ointments, but it appears to me that he has micropthalmia. Surgery may be done in a month or so...depending on how they look. It seems to me that Avery can see shadows as he was chasing his own across the floor last night.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Dearest Avery, My name is "Little Dude" Gabriel and I have to tell you that you are in the BEST hands that you could be in....see I too have the same condition that you have....."small eyes".

Two years ago my sister and I were rescued by Aunti Jan and her M*A*S*H Unit. We were taken to the vets and Aunti Jan was told to have us put to sleep because we would never lead a normal life....well, Auntie Jan had more faith in us and look at me now.

My eyes drip all the time and a lot of times they get crusty but my mommy is sooo good to me, she cleans my eyes everyday and I love her so much for that.

So, whenever you can sneek out of your cage and explore.....GO FOR IT!!! Have no fear and love life....just like I do....oh yeah, get into a lot of trouble...like digging in the dirt that Auntie Jan's plants are in...but please don't tell her that I told you to do that!!!

Fondly, Dude

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

If there anyway we can we would love to see Avery a toy.
    Thats so kind of you to give Avery a home, and we bet he suprises you with how capable he can be.
    What a gorgeous Cat, and we are Praying for Avery.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Welcome Avery!

Oh Jan - what a handsome fellow! So glad to hear that he's with you. Our Sweetie's and Petey's eyes are often weepy too but both will come to us and raise their little faces so we can wipe their eyes. I know Avery will do fine too and soon will be an active part of the M*A*S*H unit 'antics'. /mari
    Some people have lives, others have cats........

MomMom to the FuzzyButts
    Spirit Cat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees