Thread: Mimi's 15-month update

Mimi's 15-month update

My little girl will be 15 months old tomorrow and had her checkup yesterday.

31.75 inches tall and 20 lbs. 9.5 oz. She's tall and skinny. Her Dr. would like us to work on putting more weight on her, but isn't overly concerned about her weight. She's always been long and skinny.

Its funny though because she can crawl out of her pants/shorts/etc because she has no bum to keep them on! Often we see a little Elmo waving to us as she crawls away.

If she doesn't start talking by her 18 month visit at the end of September, Mimi's Dr. does want to start autism and other disability testing. Mimi doesn't even say Mama or Dada yet. Nothing. She doesn't point at the things she wants, but she does respond to her name most of the time. It's pretty worrying.

Did anyone else run into something similar with their child/children?
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

My youngest didn't talk much as a toddler, she is now a 4.0 honors student. My oldest seemed like einstein at 9 months, now she struggles. I think 15 months is a bit young to determine. I know the doctors are looking for milestones but all kids are different.

Autism is more common in boys, my nephew has it.

Try not to worry and show us some pics
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

My Neice didn't talk for the longest time and when she did it was all gibberish. We thought for sure she may have a learning disability. But she's okay now. Perhaps it was her own unique language.

P.S. Your baby sounds cute (no bum?)
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

My nephew didn't speak until he was four! He had no need to--he was able to get what he needed or wanted without words. Right around his fourth birthday, he suddenly started speaking in full sentances. He could talk for a long time before that, just chose not to! He's still a pretty quiet kid(He's 12 now), but he's healthy and developmentally normal.

Where are the new pics of your little cutie???
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Only one new pic currently. I'll try to remedy that tonight.

This is from brunch on Father's day.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

She is so pretty. Her eyes are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Nearly 22 months...

Hmmmm....I haven't heard anything about testing a child at 15 or 18 months. Really. Jonah says nearly nothing. Okay, maybe he says 15 words, but, he is close to 22 months. He doesn't say mama, or anything close to that.

If **you** are concerned, have her evaluated. By your local Children's Hospital. How is her comprehension? Has her hearing been evaluated?

Sorry, have to wait another day for more pics.

I'm kinda on the fence about having her evaluated at this point. Mostly because she doesn't seem to have much comprehension at all at this point. She doesn't point for the things she wants, she just goes and gets them. She also doesn't respond to her name all the time. You can't ask her if the ball toy is the ball toy and get any kind of response other than her taking and chewing on the ball.

Her hearing hasn't been evaluated yet, but she does have at least some hearing. There are a few games we play where I laugh and she hides, but she won't hide if I "fake" the laugh with no sound. Hearing though, will be first on my list to test as that determines so much.

Aww cute picture! I love the pretty blue eyes! Thanks for sharing!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]