Thread: A Budding Friendship

A Budding Friendship

As an avid nature lover, Eve has recently assumed a new "position" -- that of resident "zoo keeper". We live on a large, treed lot with a creek running through and are fortunate to have many birds, squirrels and chipmunks visit regularly. Of course, having a steady supply of peanuts on hand helps the cause.

Eve loves to be on the back deck "supervising" the menagerie. Here are some photos of her new friend Chipper - let's just say, it is a budding relationship, for now.

Enjoy our little buddy; he's so sweet.

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chipper 1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	28663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chipper 2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	28664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chipper 4.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	28665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chipper 5.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	28666  

Chipper Is Quite The Charmer.
    There Are Quite A Few Squirrels In The Big Front Tree As Well, And The Found Cats Love To Watch Them As They Run, And Carry Thier Food.
    They Are Quite The Sight.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aren't they ever so entertaining Catmandu? Chipper is a very funny boy - he squeaks up a storm when Eve is anywhere near at the same time sitting on his tree branch daring her to come closer. She loves to watch and chitter at him - they're quite melodious together.

Over the years we have made many new friends with chipmunks, grey squirrels and black squirrels. It is interesting that each new season the mommies that have frequented our back deck bring their babies to us. Can you see the "M" on my forehead ????

Also, we have Chickadees, a swarm of Starling Jays, Flickers and even an Owl hooting from time to time.

Eve certainly has her work cut out for her; this is a good thing - it will keep her fit as every self-respecting Bengal should be!

Betty

What wonderful pictures! I am IMPRESSED!

My daughter has a squirrel that her cat "plays" with in her yard, they play chase around the tree. The surirrel is about half way up the tree and they play peek a boo...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Great pictures of Chipper.

We have several squirrels that visit our birdfeeders and birdbaths and the cats love to watch them. There is one who's right ear is split down the middle and healed. I call him Split Ear - original I know - anyway, he likes to come up to the sunroon window and mock the cats. It's very funny to watch.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Great pictures of Chipper.

We have several squirrels that visit our birdfeeders and birdbaths and the cats love to watch them. There is one who's right ear is split down the middle and healed. I call him Split Ear - original I know - anyway, he likes to come up to the sunroon window and mock the cats. It's very funny to watch.
    I know what you mean about the names we give them ... we have a couple of Starling Jays that are real characters. One we call Brat Bird and the other is Brat Bird Wannabe - how original is that. They don't seem too offended however, as long as the peanut supply is ongoing!

Oh gee, I sure hope Edwina's Secretary sees this. Soooo reminiscent of Shirley, Edwina and Eddie's old friend.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl