15 15.46%
  • other

37 38.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your dog?

Where did you get your dog?

..?

I suppose I'll say they aren't bybs either. But they aren't reputable. Both pups were from accidental litters.
    Last edited by dab_20; 06-23-2006 at 03:16 PM.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Niņo & Eliza

Happy and Blair are from the same breeder, I would not call her a BYB, but she is definatly NOT a "good" breeder.

Misty is from a cattle ranch, they breed cattle and horses, and they used to be sher-pei breeders, but in Mistys case they were just a ranch who needed BCs to work the cattle

Ripley and Perky are both from the humane society.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Tango is from a friend's accidental litter but she is by no means a BYB (as some would automatically label her...).

Tia was born at our house after we rescued Jesse (her mom) form a horrible situation.

Morgan & Winston are both from breed specific rescues.

All of my future dogs will be from ethical breeders and some from breed rescue...maybe a couple shelter mutts too, but I really hate the Humane Society and shelter over here...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

My Sadie and Rita are both from breeders... I really had no choice.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Simba was from the SPCA, The girls were from the Humane Society.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

jess is from a reputable breeder.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Payson came from the worst place ever. I got him at animal control, it was the saddest place I'd ever been to. We have a few shelters in town and they are all really nice. But animal control was not a nice place. I've heard that it's been taken over by some new people, so I'd like to go back someday and see if it's any better.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

All 3 of my dogs were from breeders, 2 from show breeders and one from a 'hobby' breeder

Mocha came from a BYB. We knew to not get a dog from a pet store and to make sure the breeder treated their animals well, but he was, without a doubt, a backyard breed. Mocha's not even purebred, let alone a perfect example of her breed.

When we decided to get Panna, we did more research. We knew that she had to be a rescue, and fortunately there weren't many small dogs in rescues around here at that time. Her owner had died and she had been passed around and the person who was taking care of her wanted her gone before her end-of-the-month vacation. She was going to be taken to a high-kill shelter, so we flew her up here.

Cannelle came from a rescue we foster for. We weren't looking for another dog but the rescue asked us to take her since she needed a lot of work, and how could we say no?

We adopted Beanie from Harmony Haven. It was a cat rescue when we adopted him, but it's now a cat/dog rescue. Very nice people.

I got Gracie from a breeder in Nashville when i lived there. I don't think the breeder has Sibes anymore. I think she just has Saint Bernards now.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Frisk- From breeder, yes, he's a mutt, but the litter he was from was a completely accident. And I believe it, since it was 6 or so years ago when the whole "designer" dog trend wasn't strong yet (atleast it wasn't strong around here...plus there wasn't another single littler of mutts there).

Ethan- a no-kill rescue organization.

Skylar- the humane society in another town.

I will be getting my Chi pup from my aunt. She's a reputable breeder.

Kai came from a breeder in BC. He's a group and BIS judge and a total pyscho. He told us NOT to neuter Kai, even though we were not allowed to breed him. He never sent us the papers.. I'm actually mailing off my complaint against him tomorrow. He should receive a lovely fine for it. And well, Kai barely even looks like a Sheltie. There's show quality and pet quality, but even most pet quality Shelties still resemble the breed.

Kaedyn was adopted from the Vancouver Animal Shelter that I volunteer at.

My Groenedael puppy will come from (Wolfsoul's) Visa's litter. Without a doubt, a very reputable breeder.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Roscoe came from a shelter