Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a problem with Whiskas Temptations treats?

Does anyone else have a problem with Whiskas Temptations treats?

So like I mentioned in an earlier post, Bob throws up, a lot. It seems worse, however, when he eats the Whiskas Temptations Tasty Chicken Flavour. I used to give them both a small handful (10-15 treats), and now I give them 2-4. Don has never had a problem with them, he loves them, and so does Bob, but Bob is the one that throws them up again, within 5-10 minutes of eating them. I was curious if anyone else had noticed this, or if Bob was just a speedy eater no matter what he was eating

Two of my boys, Duffy and Red, are addicted to Temptations. Neither of them have had any problems related to the treat. But every cat is different, and there is that old adage - Your Mileage May Vary - YMMV. What's good for one, may not be good for another.

All of my cats love Temptations (any flavour) and never have a problem. Sorry!

A couple of weeks ago, I left a sealed bag of them on my desk. I left the room to do something and Soni, the oldest, grabbed them up and put them on floor. He and Lily, the youngest, ripped open the bag and ate most of them.

The only problem we have is Doogie begging for them every time he hears something rattling in the kitchen. He loves the ones in the yellow bag. Duke even likes them.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

This will seem long.

Mr. Spunky will throw up the super cheap food. I feed him the moderately expensive stuff that you have to get at a pet store or feed store. My mother's cats are hardy so she feeds them something like whiskas or meowmix. I can't give Spunky that food because of kidney stones.

Anyway, Spunky cannot even tolerate the super cheap or cheap food. He throws it right up. He actually ignores the food my mom sets out for her cats. He has an excellent memory for how it makes him feel. He does eat fast when I feed him real meat, but only throws up some of the soft food, usually from hairballs.

What foods does Bob eat? I ask this because I didn't see a Brand mentioned in the previous post. You might look at the ingredients of the foods. When the girls were alive, they couldn't eat Friskies. It gave them diarrhea and made them sick. Bob may have an allergy to something in the food.

I'd suggest sample packs but companies don't give those out anymore. It's a great way to see if your cat can tolerate a certain food.

Just some thoughts. Hope you are successful because he can't be comfortable throwing up like that. And it's heart-tearing to see them be miserable.

Anne

Temptations

My boys love any treats. Perhaps you are giving Bob too many at one time. I understand they are quite fatty (isn't everything yummy fatty?? ) Try just a couple at a time..that's all I give Calvin and Hobbes..mostly to avoid all the extra "fluff"!
    Kitten

No problems here! Try what I do.... I make them all sit nicely in front of me while they take one piece at a time from my finger tips (this keeps everyone polite and stretches out the amount of time I get to spend with them). It takes forever to eat 5 pieces, but thats the point! You want him to slow down.

Allergic to Whiskas Temptations!
    JJJ3 thinks that thats a fate worse than death.
    He thinks that all Cats should should have All The Whiskas Temptations they want.
    He feel so sorry for his Canadian Friend.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The only problem my cats have with Temptations is that they don't get enough!

If Shai had her way, that 's what she would live on. The rest of them line up when I bring out the bag and gobble what I dole out. Only 2 don't especially care. Maybe the those 2 have found them to be too rich for their tummies, but the scooper hasn't seen any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mruffruff
    The only problem my cats have with Temptations is that they don't get enough!
    Same here. All I have to do is say the word "treats" and they come running.
    Don't Breed & Buy
    While Homeless Pets Die
    Ritchi
    Sammi

Well, if it helps any the food they eat is the Costco, Kirkland dry cat food. They've been on it for over a year now and had no problems until Bob recently started throwing it back up... Hopefully this can get cleared up

The only problem I have is that my cats are addicted to them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I've not had a problem with them before but I never give them more than 3-4 at a time. Anytime I give Ripley a large amount of treats he barfs (he barfs when he eats too fast and sometimes just out of the blue). My vet says he's just one of those cats that barfs a lot so maybe Bob is a card carrying member of the Sir Pukes-a-Lot club like Rip.

From Decker with Love

for some unknown reason both my kitties do not like temptations
    but they did love the temptation sticks (anyone remember these?? ) but I can't seem to find them in any store anymore

do they even still make temptation sticks??
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Temptations are what I used to bribe Moby to accept her insulin! But I only offer 2-4 at a time.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb