Thread: Please Help~!

Please Help~!

Hello everyone,
    I am new to here and need some help. I know this is kind of forward but I have no choice right now. I love pit bulls, but I have a problem with one right now. YOu see the story is a rescue group found a pit bull lab mix and they rescued her and got her treated for heartworms and got her spayed and all her shots were done. Well we have tried for about a year to get her adopted with no luck. The problem is that she is not good around cats or toddlers. She is great with older kids and likes to just chilll around them. She is also good with dogs that are in place before her nothing after her though. She doesn't like dogs coming in after her since I guess she feels they need no other dog after her. She is scared of storms and if outside she will tear the door up trying to get in the house. Otherwise she doesn't tear things up or mess or anything. No digging, she is potty trained, no chewing , tearing up things or even shedding. Great dog just cat problems and toddler issues. She is with my sister for a few days literally and that is it. You see the rescue is putting her down Wednesday due to the fact that no one can keep her. My parents were fostering her but she did not like their cat and the rest of the rescue is not taking her because if they go to work and a storm hits she will get inside the house. If she is inside already she is fine and won't tear anything up. She is great but we lose her Wednesday. They are putting her down and she is so sweet. I hope someone can help me or do something do help me. I need a home, foster or something. I have her on sites all over and have emailed or talked to other rescues and they are filled and said you have to let her go and you can't save them all. I just want to save her. Please reply to this and let me know if you can help in Texas

Have you tried pitbull rescue central? Here's the link.

Also, please post this in the rescue thread.

Where are you located?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Baby needing rescue

Yes I tried that site and the people aren't accepting dogs at this time. I also tired some others. I am in Dallas Texas if you know anyone. I cross posted the heck out of this so I am also in others areas including rescue.
    Laura

Today's Dog is ONLY for comments about the Dog featured on today's homepage. I moved this thread into Dog Rescue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Today's Dog is ONLY for comments about the Dog featured on today's homepage. I moved this thread into Dog Rescue as well.
    Karen, You are so attentive , helping any way you can and more. !!!! A great person to have on this site!!!

try posting her at
    www.pitbullforum.com

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Any updates? It's Thursday now.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

awww poor thing! I hope you saved her!

A few more days

I saved her for a few more days. Someone is going to foster her, but the problem is that whenever it storms my father has to go over there and grab her before she tears up the dog or that is it. I am hoping for a drought again in Texas until we find her a home. She can't stay at my mom's too long or she goes after the cat. If anyone can take her or help us please let me know.
    Laura

Thought you all might want to know we found her a home on Saturday. A great place for her. I guess all that praying really did help. She is so sweet.
    Laura

Oh, excellent! Thank you for letting us know, and how great she's got a good family to love!

Yay that is great!!! I am so glad! It is those pt prayers that helped!
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.- Martin Luther King Jr.

We all live under the same sky but we don't all see the same horizon.- Konrad Adenauer

We are what we pretend to be so we must be careful what we pretend to be.- Unknown