Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh, I wish I could adopt these 2 handsome hound boys. **UPDATE**.

Ugh, I wish I could adopt these 2 handsome hound boys. **UPDATE**.

this is Buddy. He has been to the shelter twice before since he has been picked up by the ACO. the lady who runs the shelter contacted his owners and they said they don't want him anymore.
    He is around 11 years, he may be less than that..I am in love with this boy and if Buster wasn't so friggen dominant and we had room, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
    He's a sweetheart and I just love him. I think the lady who runs the shelter contacted a hound rescue, so they may take him. He hates it at the shelter, which I can't say I blame him.

http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0195.html

and this is Copper. his owner wanted to turn him in since he said he can't have him anymore.
    but basically the shelter only takes animals that the ACO picks up. If they have room, they can take them..but they probably can't take him until Tuesday, unless he finds a home by then..
    he is sweet. The guy thought he was a bloodhound, lol. He is a red boned coonhound and such a handsome boy.

http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-Copper.html

*sigh* I wish I could friggen adopt them. hopefully the both of them will find the home of their dreams. They definately deserve it! btw they aren't in any danger, since the shelter where I volunteer is non-kill.
    Last edited by luvofallhorses; 06-17-2006 at 09:36 PM.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

They are very handsome Krista. Perhaps we should have a PT Rescue group and all PT'ers adopt and rescue. There are many pups I would take in a heartbeat, had I the room and money.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Those are some beautiful looking dogs.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I need a hound and want Copper. If I were closer he would be mine right now. This is exactly the dog I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by lbaker
    I need a hound and want Copper. If I were closer he would be mine right now. This is exactly the dog I'm looking for.
    well come and get him! good luck on your search.. I LOVE hounds! My Buster is a hound. If you want I can help you look for a hound on petfinder.

those are some cute hounds! i hope they get adopted!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Both of them are adorable! Hopefully they'll find a home soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Those two are absolutely gorgeous! I have such a soft spot for hounds... and those guys are stealing my heart!
    I love Redbones, they're my most favorite hound (my cousin used to breed them for hunting).
    I hope they both get wonderful homes soon!

i cant say i blame you for wanting thoughs boys they look very cute. I hope they find a home

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli
    Those two are absolutely gorgeous! I have such a soft spot for hounds... and those guys are stealing my heart!
    I love Redbones, they're my most favorite hound (my cousin used to breed them for hunting).
    I hope they both get wonderful homes soon!
    hehe, I have a soft spot for them, too! Buster is a hound of course and growing up we had a basset hound/beagle named Buddy. I really hope they find the homes of their dreams soon.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaker
    You can always do a transport! Especially if he's what you're looking for!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    You can always do a transport! Especially if he's what you're looking for!
    yeah, she could. but Copper isn't at the shelter at the moment since we have to leave room open for when the ACO comes with dogs.. but if he doesn't find a home by Tuesday, I think he is coming to the shelter.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses
    yeah, she could. but Copper isn't at the shelter at the moment since we have to leave room open for when the ACO comes with dogs.. but if he doesn't find a home by Tuesday, I think he is coming to the shelter.
    yeah, i got that. i just meant that if he was available, that could be an option and a way to get him to her if he was right for her.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I have some bad news. Buddy escaped this morning by digging under the gate so he could get out. We can't find him and Erin (lady who runs the shelter) said he'd come back or hopefully someone will take him in and keep him.

Sorry to hear about Buddy. Guess that is how he kept getting out of his old home, too. I hope he finds the perfect home for himself. Let me know if I can help with the transport to MD.