Thread: Olivia Weedon - Cuteness Warning! UPDATE

Olivia Weedon - Cuteness Warning! UPDATE

LOOK AT ALL THESE TOES! Catty1
    Olivia Weedon

OliviaWeedon
    May 30th

As volunteers of the Cochrane Humane Society made their way into Weedon Hall for a Volunteer Recognition Evening this past Sunday, a tiny, scared cat was hiding under the front steps of the hall. It didn't take long for shelter volunteers and staff to spot the crying young cat and after much coaxing and coercing, she was caught and placed in the safety of a cat kennel. She was injured, thin and extremely scared but friendly enough and appeared to be a tame house cat. Executive Director Tracy Keith took the frightened cat to her home that evening after the party and by the next morning, the young cat who had been affectionately dubbed "Weedon" during the party, was calmly nursing four kittens! She’s since been re-named, Olivia Weedon, a bit more fitting of a mother cat.

Volunteers at the recognition evening commented that Olivia Weedon couldn't have picked a better party to crash!

Olivia Weedon has several injuries and although she is resting comfortably with her newborns, she will be going for a veterinary check up this week. Stay tuned for updates on Olivia Weedon and her babies!

May 31st

Olivia Weedon had her first vet check up today and as suspected, she is a very young cat. This is definitely her first litter of kittens!

Olivia Weedon was very well behaved and purred throughout the exam. Her front paw is partially missing and the vet thinks it is as a result of some sort of trauma or injury or possibly a birth defect. It can be determined definitively. However, as long as she can walk on it relatively well the vet thinks it should be left alone. It resembles a stub leg at the moment. If it causes her continued difficulty, amputation could be another option.

Her tail will need to be properly amputated but for now, we can leave it and wait until her spay surgery.

All the kittens are a good size and weight and they all have extra toes!

Olivia 1 wk

June 6th

Olivia Weedon's kittens are now one week old! They are all doing well and seem content and healthy. Mom is also doing well and is a very affectionate cat. She is starting to venture away from her kittens for short periods to visit with the rest of the household but otherwise is very attentive to her babies. Watch for more updates next week! It's likely that the kittens eyes will be open by that time and in just one week they will have changed quite a bit!

Olivia Weedon and her babies are not ready for adoption yet...but there are many wonderful cats at the shelter just waiting to find new homes!

June 12th

Little Olivia Weedon is doing very well these days. She is a devoted and gentle mom and likes to give chin rubs and kisses to her human friends. She is still quite thin and will likely not put on weight until the babies are done nursing.

Their eyes are open! The kitten's eyes all opened last Thursday and Friday except for LB, aka Late Bloomer, who's eyes just opened on Sunday. The kittens all have names now as follows: Rolly, Chicklet, LB and Popeye. Stay tuned for more about these four cuties!

Olivia Weedon and her babies are not ready for adoption yet...but there are many wonderful cats at the shelter just waiting to find new homes!
    Last edited by Catty1; 06-14-2006 at 01:24 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    AGH! Orangie cuteness! Olivia and her little ones are gorgeous! What happened to her tail that it needs to be amputated?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Wow she was so fortunate to turn up where she did! That must've been divine intervention. She's beautiful and the babies are sweety pies.
    I hope they all get good homes and she's placed with somebody who'll appreciate her for her 'oddities' and also perhaps her owner could be traced?
    Perhaps she wandered off and got lost?

Wonderful story and terrific pix!!!! "Love them extra toesies!!!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

A young pregnant female likely got dumped - Weedon Hall is up in acreage and ranch area.

I am not sure what happened to her tail - maybe what happened to her paw. Injury, lots of coyotes and stupid people around.

Lucky she is alive - and so SWEET!

Another Cat that would fit in well at the Found Cta Hotel, and so amny miles away.
    We are praying that somewhere Olivia Weedon, and her babies will find just that right Furr Ever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Lucky she is alive - and so SWEET!
    I wish we lived closer. My friend (Sara) has looked all over Alaska for an orange female without luck. Who knew they were rare? I'm gonna send a link to this thread to Sara anyway.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

WOW!!! She is a Very beautiful mommy! what a gorgeous kitty! her babies are just to die for!! what sweeties! She has some extra toes alright! I don't think i have ever seen so many!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

*bump*

Thanks for the update. Those kittens are so darn cute, and momma Olivia is beautiful.

What absolute cuties! That dark one sure stands out in a crowd. Those are some extreme polydactyls!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb