Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing My Newest Addition...! [[UPDATED w/ jumping pics]]

You have a horse! LUCKY! He is beautiful!

Thanks everyone!

I had another lesson on him today, and it went really, really well! My mom took a bunch of jumping pictures, but most of them didn't turn out that great. The course didn't have any jumps near the side my mom was on, so she got a lot of butt shots. I'll attach a few of them. In some of them my jumping position is definatley not how it should be. I'm still getting used to a horse that you have to slow down while jumping rather than speed up. He was being a bit of a brat and bucking a lot at the begining, so that kind of threw me.

Sorry there aren't any trick pictures. The camera ran out of space. Plus, he was on turn out for most of the morning and I got him just as he was brought in, so he was a bit of a crab and wanted to go right to his food!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20_062006 044.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	332.0 KB 
ID:	28527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20_062006 043.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	354.0 KB 
ID:	28528  

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

You guys look great!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Leasing P.J.

This summer, I really want to full lease a horse that I ride, Pride & Joy. He as you know, used to be abused, and so I am the only one that rides him. I rode him today and he was soo smooth and excellent. I just think he needs to be handelled a lot more and so does my instructor. I was just wondering, do any of y'all think that $425 is a good lease? I would have to ride him at least 3 times a week to get to $300, because 3x4=12 and then 12x$25=$300. If you're wondering where I got $25, it is that to ride by myself on the weekends without a lesson. Plus, I get two free lessons, priced at $50 a ride. That would be a hundred. So that would make $400. I haven't leased a horse before, so I don't exactly know what prices are good. Help is greatly appreciated!

THANKS SO MUCH BUTTERCUP!

Quote Originally Posted by HollandLoppy89
    This summer, I really want to full lease a horse that I ride, Pride & Joy. He as you know, used to be abused, and so I am the only one that rides him. I rode him today and he was soo smooth and excellent. I just think he needs to be handelled a lot more and so does my instructor. I was just wondering, do any of y'all think that $425 is a good lease? I would have to ride him at least 3 times a week to get to $300, because 3x4=12 and then 12x$25=$300. If you're wondering where I got $25, it is that to ride by myself on the weekends without a lesson. Plus, I get two free lessons, priced at $50 a ride. That would be a hundred. So that would make $400. I haven't leased a horse before, so I don't exactly know what prices are good. Help is greatly appreciated!
    Not really, you could ifnd a cheaper barn. If you lease a horse that means hes fuly yours but the owner can take him back when / if they want. And they pay the vet bills. So for that deal I dont think its a good price, I could lease for 275 a month and I get to ride whenver whereever I want and noone else can ride him.

Garth is cute you make a good couple.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

WOW those are pretty high especially for verticles! You don't look bad together

Niņo & Eliza