View Poll Results: Do you speak a foreign language?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 32.14%
  • No

11 19.64%
  • I speak a small portion of one

27 48.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you speak a foreign language?

Do you speak a foreign language?

Okay before anyone tells me this is a pet poll not a place for discussing other things... I know okay? I was just wondering how many people here speak a foreign language. A foreign Language is anything other than english. I personally speak some spanish. I understand a whole lot more than I can speak. Ironic yes but true! If you speak a lot not all of one just do yes. oh and post what language it is!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    No, but, I'd love to learn as many as I possibly can. Latin, Greek, Spanish, French, German, Italian...tons more! Language has always fascinated me. I guess Spanish would be the smartest language for me to learn right now. But, I've heard somewhere that you can learn Latin, you can learn anything. Not sure how true that is, but, it's what I remember hearing.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I took French for 3 years, and I absolutely love the language!

Oh, This is the perfect place for a poll, there are many non pet related polls here, its okay

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by shihtzulover850
    A foreign Language is anything other than english.
    Actually a foreign language is anything other than your native language So someone on this board could have been raised speaking spanish, but now speak english perfectly fine and english would be the foreign language.

I speak a little french. My grandpa on my mom's side is full french, so I am 1/4 french. I took french for two years in high school and learned enough that I can pick up on what fluent speakers are saying and can reply, in very simple terms.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    I took French for 3 years!

Oh, This is the perfect place for a poll, there are many non pet related polls here, its okay
    I was getting ready to edit my post with the same thing!

There are many polls in here, way before you joined, shihtzulover850, that have absolutely nothing to do with pets. It's completely fine to post polls. People are filling them out, so, obviously they're participating, so, you're doing something right. I personally like them! So, thanks!

Oh, and, I took French and Spanish in high school, but, remember very little of either, unfortunately.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

very true but it would be confusing for somebody to come on and say they speak english as a foreign language. english is foreign for my mom. you know.

I speak Spanish, I've known how to speak it since I was a kid. My parents brought me up speaking both English and Spanish.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I speak some Spanish! I like Shitzulover850 understand more than I can speak! My father was mexican, so i picked up alot from his side of the family(when he was in my life) I have not used it alot in life, but there have been times it has come in handy. I spent some time in Honduras when I was in the military, and was appointed as Translator for my Unit. Talk about It all coming back to you! he he he!! I have also taught my 6yr old some spanish.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

oh my gosh my mom is from Honduras!!!! how cool

so........yo hablo español asi que mi lengua extranjera seria ingles, LOL

sorry my main language is spanish so my foreign one would be english, i also dont speak or write any other language per se, but i do understand french, german, portuguese, italian........if i read/hear them (not that much but still some)

saludos a aquellos que hablan español y felicidades pues dicen que es un idioma de los mas complicados..........bueno dicen.......a veces lo es para mi tambien
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

yeah spanish is is a lot like italian and portugese and stuff. that is cool i sort of understood what you wrote

i took 6 weeks of french if that counts.lol
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

A foreign language is any language other than the one you speak in the country where you live. Is this poll only for english speaking members?

One question though ... what's the reason for setting this up in Pet Poll? Why not in General?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Uabassoon
    I speak Spanish, I've known how to speak it since I was a kid. My parents brought me up speaking both English and Spanish.
    Same here, although I can't speak it well, I can understand it.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Ah oui! Je parle français ! J'aime la langue et l'avais parlée pendant trois années.

Ich spreche auch Deutsches! Ich mag wirklich Deutsches, weil die Wörter so merkwürdig sind auszusprechen!

ego parvum Latinum scribere et dictare possum.

And of course I speak English too. I would like to teach myself Spanish, I had a CD which I used, but it was useless so I'll have to try something else

Zimbabwe 07/13