View Poll Results: Do you speak a foreign language?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 32.14%
  • No

11 19.64%
  • I speak a small portion of one

27 48.21%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you speak a foreign language?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    Ich spreche Englisch als Fremdsprache, meine Muttersprache ist Deutsch. Außerdem hatte ich fünf Jahre lang Französisch in der Schule, aber jetzt kann ich nicht mehr viel davon. Ich verstehe ein wenig Spanisch und Italienisch, und jetzt ich habe mir vorgenommen, demnächst Latein zu lernen.

LOL, did anyone here understand what I've written? (That was German)
    Ja!

Does anyone here speak Latin?
    Edit: I just saw that Miss Z does - how cool!! It's such an interesting language, and you can find the roots of so many other languages there! Absolutely fascinating!

Kirsten
    It is a brilliant language, even though it's not spoken anymore I would definitely learn it, speaking languages generally comes much easier once you have a firm grasp of Latin

Zimbabwe 07/13

I only speak english...wish I could speak other languages also.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I can only speak english, and teensy basics in Spanish, German, and French.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I grew up in a household that spoke English, Finnish and some Gaelic. While in school I was required to take French for 4 years and I chose to take Latin in place of French in high school.

I can understand most French to get by but my Finnish has really suffered. I only know basic words and need my mother or sister to translate for me. I loved taking Latin in high school! We had a wonderful teacher but that was a long time ago and all I remember is: Ubi est canis? My cousin is a Latin instructor in New York and she would kill me right now because I have not kept up on that wonderful language.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I speak a little spanish and swedish.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Yo hablo español, y yo quiero aprender aleman. He hablando español por cuatro años. Yo pienso mi español es mal. Es muy difícil para recordar todos los tiempos. Yo necesito praticar más. En el año próximo, yo aprenderé ASL. ASL es una lengua muy intresante!

*Nicole*

Quote Originally Posted by Tralee
    Yo hablo español, y yo quiero aprender aleman. He hablando español por cuatro años. Yo pienso mi español es mal. Es muy difícil para recordar todos los tiempos. Yo necesito praticar más. En el año próximo, yo aprenderé ASL. ASL es una lengua muy intresante!
    Impresive.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Gracias

I just had my spanish final today on all the tenses we have learned this year.

I was in Spanish 3 this year but I'm dropping it next year. I never really enjoyed spanish classes and didn't like getting C's and D's on all my tests and quizzes. I know enough Spanish to survive if I went to Spain or even Texas.

*Nicole*

I only speak English. I took 2 years of Spanish in HS and 1 year in college. I can understand a teeny bit and ask where the bathroom is.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Cholaine
    Actually, the forgein language I speak is English! I'm from Argentina, so my language is Spanish
    I'd love to learn french too...
    I hear french is much easier to learn if you know spanish because they both share boot verbs and as there are -er, -ir, -re, etc. verbs in french, there are -ar and similar verbs in spanish.

I took Japanese for about a year (4th grade). I, also, took French during the beginning part of my freshman year in high school. Loved both!

I am taking Spanish, I love it! Foreign languages are so much fun.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

I envy bilingual people and those who take to languages easily.
    I'm bad with languages but I know almost fully 3 tences in Spanish, plus I'm pretty fluent with pronouns/DO/IOs. I love the language but I need to touch up on my vocab. It was difficult to learn that much but I have completed level 3 highschool plus a year of middle school. My middle school taught level 1 over 2 years. I'm much better in Engligh, I love grammar but hate spelling. (I know I'm weird) My mom calls me the Grammar Police.

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Tralee

I just had my spanish final today on all the tenses we have learned this year.

I was in Spanish 3 this year but I'm dropping it next year. I never really enjoyed spanish classes and didn't like getting C's and D's on all my tests and quizzes. I know enough Spanish to survive if I went to Spain or even Texas.
    Exact same as me. I am sad to not be taking it but it is just too darn hard to keep up with! Maybe if I go be an outrider (lead horse rider) at the racetrack I'll learn more and become fluent. I knew enough to have a pretty good conversation with the grooms at my old barn though.

Niño & Eliza

Ich spreche Englisch als Fremdsprache, meine Muttersprache ist Deutsch. Außerdem hatte ich fünf Jahre lang Französisch in der Schule, aber jetzt kann ich nicht mehr viel davon. Ich verstehe ein wenig Spanisch und Italienisch, und jetzt ich habe mir vorgenommen, demnächst Latein zu lernen.

LOL, did anyone here understand what I've written? (That was German)

I speak English (more or less LOL) which is a foreign language for me (my native language is German). I also took French for five years at school, but I cannot speak it anymore (at least not very well). I understand a little bit Spanish and Italian, and I have plans to learn Latin now!

Does anyone here speak Latin?
    Edit: I just saw that Miss Z does - how cool!! It's such an interesting language, and you can find the roots of so many other languages there! Absolutely fascinating!

Kirsten

Kirsten I understood

I speak English (well it's up to you to decide whether I do ), French (have been married to a French for 7 years soem hundred years ago), Italian, can read Spanish and have forgotten all my Latin which I learned in school for 6 years - actually it was one of my favorite things in school together with mathematics- ok I admit I was a weird child

I can say "I don't speak Greek" in Greek and introduce myself in Japanese