Thread: I'm so stressed out.

I'm so stressed out.

This past year in school, I've been doing horrible. I haven't been focused and I've failed most of my academic classes. I have been having a lot of family problems, and I haven't been looking at school as my number one priority. I'm in the 10th grade, going to into the 11th grade, and I'm seriously considering dropping out. I hate to say that, because there are so many things that I want to do as my career, and they require a high school diploma, but the way that I'm looking at school now, isn't going to get me to that point. I'm really behind for being a sophomore, and we don't have summer school. The only option we have here, is to re-take all of the classes I failed next year. That is going to put me SO behind. I don't enjoy school, and whenever the subject of school does come up I change it immediately, because I'm ashamed at the fact that I've let this happen. I know it's my option, but can anyone provide me with their opinion, on what I should do and how I can try to fix everything?

Thanks,
    Amber

I am sorry you are having trouble. I dropped out my sophmore year, because I couldn't stand being teased EVERY day. I found out that it wasn't worth it and I went back and graduated. I know how you feel, but I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. (((hugs))) If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm so sorry you've been stressed. I know how you feel, I went through family and friend problems this year. I wouldn't drop out if I were you. I know it seems really hard right now, but if you drop out you'll regret it in the long run. ((hugs))

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Ugh, I've been having problems in school this year, and I have never had them before either. I would NEVER even consider dropping out. It's not going to help at all, IMO. It seems that if you drop out, you take the easy way out. Please reconsider. An education(especially in this day an age) is very important!! Almost all careers that most people want to do at least require a highschool diploma. Maybe you should take the classes you have failed next year, it may put you behind you can do it! You WILL pass. I am having HUGE trouble in math and it's only regular math. I have never been a big fan of numbers but I know it's something I have to learn. I wish you luck!

Please talk to a counsellor at school...they will have resources for you! Sometimes they can make arrangements so you don't have to drop out or take everything over again!

You posted elsewhere about what you are dealing with. Are your parents getting counselling?

Just make sure you get help and support for yourself.

hugs
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Please don't drop out! Do you think your parents could hire a tutor for you? Or maybe you could look into charter schools in the area. I also think that Catty1 had a good suggestion about speaking with your counselor at school.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!