Thread: Allergy?

Allergy?

last night when Bodie (6 month lab/golden mix) was playing with my older dog Pandy I noticed he had some red spots on the skin of his stomach - after looking closely they look almost like age spots - Huge dark red spots all over -even under his fur. Could this be some sort of allergic reaction? He isn't acting sick or have any indication that this is bothering him. I did give him a bath with a flea/tick shampoo on sunday - which I've used on him before. Could this be the cause?

Outside of

rolling in deer doo doo I never gave my Daisy a bath. Put a Lab near a pond and they clean themselves. In fact giving a Lab a bath too often will just dry their coat/skin and cause problems.

If puppy isn't scratching then see if the spots fade and disappear. It does sound like a contact allergy of some sort. If he starts to scratch dose him with 50 mg of Benedryl at night, and 25 mg in the morning to soak up the histamine. Confirm dosage with your Vet. Also check real carefully for fleas, but again would expect itching.

It sounds like allergies to me. Does he itch at all? I would contact your vet about this.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*