Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sounds do you pets recognise.

What sounds do you pets recognise.

Bunny recognises the sound of a rustling bag - she knows there is either food or treats in ther for her.

Tatty and Max - the sound of the cupboard opening, again food! They also know the sound of the car.

A can being opened is top of the list! It can be heard during a sound sleep from 2 rooms away.

I Created a Monster

Shame on me, my bunny Robbie adores Cherrios.

I had opened a new box of cereal then managed to drop it. Cheerios fell out and you would have thought I just transported him to bunny heaven!!
    Now anytime I open anything the rustles like heavy wax paper, he's right there bouncing up and down in impatience waiting for more Cherrios to fall on the floor! It's pretty darn funny.

oh yes my cat too .

my pigs start wheeking away when they hear plastic bags, because they know it either pellets or hay! , also the noise of the refrigerator door.
    click-> my wonderful pets!
    featuringPaige, my new angora hamster!

treats !!!

Sydney defenitely recognises the sound of the opening of "his food-drawer" !!!!!! Races to the kitchen on turbo-speed then !!!

Shaking a back with treats also gets him all exited !!!!
    Silly Sydney .......

My gerbil recognizes the sound of her cage opening, she runs and hides under cover from scary hands scooping her up

My duck, scruffy, recognizes the sound of the door opening. Whenever the door opens he gets up from what he is doing a checks out who comes out from the door. He is wating for me, of course! He might be wanting food, playtime, or just a great big hug! He also recognizes his name and my voice (Well I think he does lol) and he comes running with Joy and his tail happily wagging (reminds you of a puppy!) when I call his name.

MY BABIES KNOW THE SOUND OF ME SHAKING THEIR POUNCE TREATS!!!!!!!
    If I am ever looking for them I just gotta shake the little container and they will ALWAYS COME MEOWING!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

The doorbell in my apartment building is the type that rings my phone when someone arrives. Unfortunately, everytime I get any kind of a phone call, the dog heads for the front door and starts barking. He's a great watchdog. There's nothing I can do about this. *sigh*

-Tim

Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    A can being opened is top of the list! It can be heard during a sound sleep from 2 rooms away.

Copy that!!

Got a need for speed, and a passion for barrel racing.

You've never ridden a horse until you've fallen off.

Adopt one until theres none.

Our iguana, Griz.. who is blind recognizes lots of sounds. She can follow your voice when you call her name to get to you. She also recognizes the sound of my fiance coming up the steps.

And myrtle our male box turtle who is very territorial recognizes our voices and when another person comes in he is ok.. but once they talk he chases them around the apartment.
    Titania

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
    --John Muir

Clockwise from top left: Alice, Myrtle, Moo Shu, Griz and Nando

Teddy knows the sound of the microwave beeping. He knows that means food. Even if it's just the timer, he gets all excited.

Teddy also recognizes the difference in footsteps. If you walk differently (or it's someone he doesn't know), he'll bark wildly.

All the cats and dogs recognize my truck's sound. They get all excited and wait for me when I get home.

Of course, everyone also knows the sound of food hitting the dish.

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh, and doorbell and door knocks...Teddy knows those too. Even if it's on TV, he thinks it is his duty to bark.

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh yeah, Tonya, My dog also races for the door (barking) when a phone rings on TV (see my post above). He's convinced that there is an intruder several times a day. He's 13 now, and I don't think I can change this behavior. *sigh*

-Tim

two

zip lock bags-their fav. treat are in their!

and their food -when i drop it in the bowl

and squeekky toys

Ferrets, Loveable Little Thiefs That Steal Your Heart!

alex and the Fuzz Butts

My bun knows the sound of the toaster oven. Whenever he hears the toaster or the stove timer in the morning he starts rining his bell to make sure we know he's hungry too He's very pushy if he doesn't get your attention! silly bunny.
    Jessica

Thank you so much Kay for this great Sig!!