Thread: Hello.

Hello.

Hello everyone. I'm new of course, the name's Dae (pronouced like "day" as in "daylight"--amazingly enough people get this wrong). I stumbled over here by accident, and currently don't have a pet but I hope no one minds I hang around.

Anyway, I had a wonderful yellow labrador for thirteen years. However, he passed away last August, and while I was about to adopt a shelter dog (a wonderful husky-mix who was so-so sweet), that, unfortunately didn't happen (I guess I'm a little upset about it). And so I am without a pet. My mother has a dog who I take care of sometimes, however--a black and tan dachshund named Peanut. She also has another dachshund, Petey, who she bought a few months ago and is currently trying to find a new home for (long story short: she bought him on a lark and against better judgement and he absolutely hates Peanut).

So, hello! Nice to meet you all.
    - don't fear the wolf but the wild within -

Hello

Hope I am doing this right as first reply.

I'm new too - on the thread below you and I have a dachshund too. He is a rescue.

I also got badly let down over a rescue recently. I tried to adopt a GSD X, my application was accepted, but 4 days later I was told that they do not rehome where there are children under 5 as it is unhygenic to have pets when you have young children. As a multi-pet household, I did find this quite offensive.

Welcome both of you!!!! Please stick around! It doesn't matter if you don't own a pet as long as you share a love for animals then this is the place for you!!! I am owned by a shih tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra
    I also got badly let down over a rescue recently. I tried to adopt a GSD X, my application was accepted, but 4 days later I was told that they do not rehome where there are children under 5 as it is unhygenic to have pets when you have young children. As a multi-pet household, I did find this quite offensive.
    What that is crazy!!