Thread: Loose Stool in Great Dane Pup

Hybrid View

Loose Stool in Great Dane Pup

Hi. I'm new here. I have a 16 week old Great Dane and a 2 year old Rottweiler mix. About 2-1/2 - 3 weeks ago Laredo, the Great Dane, was diagnosed with CoronaVirus. It turns out our old vet didn't give him a CoronaVirus shot, so he caught it. He got over that and stopped taking his antibiotics about 4 days ago. 3 days ago I decided to add a little treat to one meal of his Eagle Pack. I ground up cheese, raw egg, and ham and poured it over his Eagle Pack kibble.

He loved it, so I did it again to another meal the next day. That day he started having loose stool with a little mucous in it. It wasn't diarrhea, but it was loose and a strange orange or light yellow color. He still is very active, playful, and pesky just like a puppy should be, but I'm worried about his stool.

I know I should not have given him that cheese, egg, and ham but I didn't think it would hurt for just one meal. When should his stool be back to normal? I'm SO paranoid about everything, and I watch his stool everyday. I don't want anything to happen to him again. Thanks! Sorry for not introducing myself.

If he's acting normally, I'd just stick with the normal food, no treats for a few days, and he should be back to normal.

I'll be the first - do you have any pictures? I'm sure he's goofy, big-footed, floppy-limbed and adorable, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    If he's acting normally, I'd just stick with the normal food, no treats for a few days, and he should be back to normal.

I'll be the first - do you have any pictures? I'm sure he's goofy, big-footed, floppy-limbed and adorable, right?
    Alright, that's what I'll do. I am just SO paranoid, this is my first time being a Dane mommy.

Yes, I have TONS of pictures but I have no idea how to post them on here. I'd love to though. He's very goofy, very big-footed, and VERY adorable.

I tried to make them smaller but I don't think it worked, sorry.

Awwwww, he is GORGEOUS!!! Welcome to PT!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Thanks! He knows he's a handsome young man, he struts his stuff every chance he gets. The pictures are soo big. I tried to re-size them but I guess it didn't work.