Thread: Remembering Pauline

Remembering Pauline

Hello, Some of you may recognize me as an occasional poster on COTD for the past year and a half. I use the name "bobtail" (real name Peter) on this website in honor of the the name of the mother of two of my cats, Pauline and Stripey. Seven years ago, when we were relocating to a new city, we were never able to rescue the elusive Bobtail, but we did succeed bringing in her two babies along with three other cats from our old neighborhood. I'm very sad to say that after seven wonderful, loving years, Pauline died today from complications arising from an asthma attack that started five weeks ago. A very caring veterinarian unfortunately was not able to bring her back to health; I am in awe of her devotion to my pet. Pauline was my sparkle, my ball of sunshine, my friend, always full of love and surprises. If I had to tell you what happiness is, I'd say Pauline. I liked to say she was "made out of love," and others who got to know her thought so too. She and I were very devoted to each other; she loved lap time with me, to have her tail pulled, and sometimes she'd wait outside my bedroom door for hours without me knowing it (whevever I found her there, I'd just let her in). She was friends with every cat in my six-cat home, something you couldn't say about any of the others. I can't begin to say how precious she was. Everybody who came in contact with her had already known a lot of cats in their lives, and most said she was remarkable. She has given me so much happiness in the time I had with her. I do believe you receive gifts from above and she was a tremendous gift to me.

Peter, (bobtail), I am so sorry about Pauline. I can tell she was very, very special to you by your wonderful tribute to her. May she find peace and comfort playing over the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Sweet Pauline, you are deeply loved and will be missed immensely.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Peter, how wonderful that you had Pauline for all those years to love and care for. She, in return, loved you very much!!! Sleep softly dear Pauline...
    Nine is Fine!!

Hi Peter,

Your post reminds me of my relationship with my sweet little kitty Scooty. It is so hard to lose one of your kids especially when it happens unexpectedly and especially when she was so very close to you. I know just what you mean when you say she was “made out of love” I felt the same way about Scooty and that made it all the harder. Be open to the possibility of a visit from Pauline to tell you she is OK. Remember how lucky she was to have you adopt her – she was very loved for the years you had her and that makes her a very lucky cat indeed. Thankfully there are people like you in this world who care for, love and respect animals. I wish you peace.

RIP, dear Pauline....!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Talking

Pauline sounds like such a Wonderful Cat, and
    she misses you so very much.
    She says that you will have a great reunion, when you meet again.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Peter, I am so sorry to hear of sweet Pauline's passing. She sounded like such a gem of a kitty. May memories, in time, bring you some comfort.

Three weeks after Pauline's passing, I want to thank the responders at Cat of the Day so much for their wonderful support. This has been the saddest time of my life--Pauline was amazing, she brought happiness and love into my home, her sweet and gentle heart was more than anything what bound my house of cats into a family. The other cats, and I love all of them dearly, followed her example. She gleamed with affection. I haven't said yet what a beauty she was. I liked to call her a pine cone with snow on it, she was a short-haired mix and had a white underside with many shades of brown on top. Sometimes when she slept on my lap I tried to count all the shades but would give up. Even though I had her for seven years from her kittenhood, I was discovering more colors on her. I have hundreds of pictures but we don't own a digital camera, so unfortunately I'm not able to post a picture here.

I'm not "over this" by a longshot. I'm not crying any more, except the day I brought back her ashes last week, but the emptiness I feel is like the elephant that won't leave the room. I am getting by and trying to let nature take my feelings on its course so I can heal.

Each of you who has posted has given me something special. Catmandu, here is my opportunity to say that I look forward to reading your sweet and witty observations every time I read the morning's messages for the new Cat of the Day, and your thoughts on Pauline are appreciated. kb2yjx, I believe we corresponded once before about another cat (Ringo's doing fine!) and I know what a caring person you are. Catlover4ever, thank you for your wisdom, I've repeated it to myself often to help me ease the pain. Cataholic, what a lovely way to describe Pauline a gem, with that one word I felt you understood the essential things about her. Maya & Inka's mommy, thank you for your compassion and the pictures of your kitties. Scott, everything you had to say dovetailed with my experience and is helping me enormously. I never met Scootie but I share your feeling of loss. I do believe Pauline is protected, and forgive me for saying so, but I like to think that those two girls are playing with each other while waiting for their Dads to someday, far away, reunite with them. It is comforting for me to think Pauline has a friend and is not alone "up there."

Pauline, your Dad misses you dearly and is enormously heartbroken. He is looking after your best friend Brownie, her brother Tabbs and the love of that boy's life, your sister Stripey; your cousin Ringo; and that "other" white cat in the house whom you went to the trouble to make friends with, Isis. You gave me so much warmth and love, sweetie, you were all about happiness. What a gift to have received you. I know you are whole now and I will have to have faith that you don't want me to grieve too much. I can't say goodbye yet, but I can say you graced my life, and I know we were meant to come into each other's life, honey. I know you are safe even though I don't understand how that can be, and I must accept I know something even if I don't understand it.

What beautiful tributes you have written to your beloved Pauline. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that she is playing hard at the RB, and she is whole and well again. RIP Sweet little one.

I hope Pauline finds Lucas today.....

Such a heart felt story and tribute to your Pauline. My very first kitty, Sabrina, will always have the first tender spot in my heart, followed by a few other kitties that have gone to the bridge.

I don't know if one ever gets over the passing of a very, very, special pet. I suspect not. I still cry thinking about Sabrina, just less often.

Chin up - we are all going to check out some day. It is built in. I think about not having my four cats and two bunnies around some day, and I just know that I will have to deal with when it happens. It will happen.

Our hearts go out to you Peter, knowing how difficult it is to have a pet go to RB.

There are so many pets/cats out there in need of a good home....... maybe you will find the space or a place to adopt another kitten and share some new experiences with it.

(((((((((((((((((Peter))))))))))))))))))

from all the campers