Thread: Dreamer pics!

Dreamer pics!

Here are some pictures of my beautiful girlie! We groomed her and she lets us actually touch her tail now! She's really afraid of the fly spray though. I took the pics before we groomed her so she doesn't look her best. Onto pics!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

what a cutie! I've always wondered, what exactly does tricolor paint mean. There's a horse at my barn that is called one but she looks like she's a sabinoXtobianoXovero.

Niño & Eliza

tri color is a paint that has 3 different colors. (In dreamers case she is dark brown, black and white) Thanks!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Love Dreamer she is so beautiful

Yay, you be back! Dreamer is a doll. She is absolutely adorable! <3
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    tri color is a paint that has 3 different colors. (In dreamers case she is dark brown, black and white) Thanks!
    that's what I thought at first but then wouldn't that essentially just be a bay paint because bay is black pointed by deffinition and the white comes from them being a paint? Anyway, she's gorgeous.

Niño & Eliza

Aw, she's so beautiful! She looks like she's grown up a bit since the last pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    that's what I thought at first but then wouldn't that essentially just be a bay paint because bay is black pointed by deffinition and the white comes from them being a paint? Anyway, she's gorgeous.
    I'm not sure about how you define paints and tobianos and stuff because we just use piebald and skewbald over here, but to me a tricolour horse is skewbald, with black featuring in the mane and tail.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Do you have any links where I could read about those terms? In the US, a tobiano (another pic) has his white coming from the spine down.Their manes and tails are usually two colors.
    A Sabino usually has a white chin spot and has the white coming from the bottom up and their white is usually really jagged. A minimally expressed or incomplete sabino is easy to spot, they have a chin spot and tall white leg markings. This happens in Arabians and Clydesdales a lot.
    An Overo has a colored chin and has their white from the middle in.
    Then we have Splashed Whites, which have walleyes and are usually deaf. They look like they swam in white paint. One thing you have to remember is to never breed to overos together, it is known as lethal white syndrome and the foal will die soon after birth. I got most of my info from this book, but this is a great website.
    edit: I just found this awsome site: http://www.bspaonline.com/types%20breeds.htm

Niño & Eliza

She's beautiful! Did you name her after the horse in the movie..Dreamer?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

sorry for yet ANOTHER post in your thread, but I just love her markings! What paint "type" is she? I'll guess Tobino (tobianoXsabino cross) because of her reguar head, blue eyes, and bi-color mane. Sabino because she has white legs. Am I right or do you not know her breeding?

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    sorry for yet ANOTHER post in your thread, but I just love her markings! What paint "type" is she? I'll guess Tobino (tobianoXsabino cross) because of her reguar head, blue eyes, and bi-color mane. Sabino because she has white legs. Am I right or do you not know her breeding?
    I guessed she was tobiano but I'm sure you know better then me. I don't know her breeding, we got her at an auction. Also, I'm not good with horse colors, so maybe she is a bay paint.

Thanks for the replies and compliments everyone! She sure does look more grown up, plus she lost all her winter coat.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I looked it up, I'm pretty sure she's a tri-color paint, I was just questioning the term in general. That's so good of you to take her in and give her a good home

Niño & Eliza

Thanks. I always feel so bad for the horses there. They are all very afraid and usually come from homes that threw some grain or hay in w/ them and thats all the attention they got.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*