Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Sheltie Owners??

Any Sheltie Owners??

How many here have shelties??

Where did you get them? Which kennel??

Boy or girl? how old?

What colour are they?

We have two Shelties currently.. we used to show/train/breed them a while ago. We are just getting back into them again. It was hard after loosing our last one and we took a few years off.

Jada and Crosbie are our two right now. They are tri-factored Sables(hence the dark overlay on them).
    They are brother and sister. We were hoping to show Crosbie, but he has become oversize and he has a few faults that we wouldn't want to pass on so he is now nuetered and happy as can be being a semi-show dog in RallyO and agility(just starting).
    Jada on the other hand is a beautiful little girl, only problem is her foxy type head and her pricked ears! lol So we'll see how she does in the conformation ring first.
    Both are 1yr and 1month old now
    Ravenmasque Summer Riot RNCL aka "Riot"
    Ravenmasque Wind Chime aka "Chime"
    MacBarras Jewel of the Isle aka "Jada"
    MacBarras Time to Remember aka "Crosbie"
    Tymless Classic aka "Ty"

I have two!

Kai (turning 4 in July) came from Satelier in Hedley, BC. He's a horrible, horrible breeder. My mom chose him as a breeder and put her foot down so I didn't have any say. He didn't test for anything, he told us NOT to neuter Kai, the pups never stepped foot into his house (they had their own little guest house but it was cold and extremely dirty), and he's just a plain psycho. He also sold Kai as a purebred with a "contract" but never sent us the papers he promised. I'm in the middle of filing a complaint with the CKC. He's a B.I.S. judge so I'm hoping he won't be a member in good standing after this.

Kaedyn came from the shelter. We think he's 7 years old or so but we're just basing it on what they (the shelter) estimated. His owners had let him wander the neighborhood. The pound tried to catch him numerous times but he always managed to get away. One day, he was cornered in a neighbor's backyard and was kept there until the shelter picked him up. The owners were contacted and he was even given two free rides home (each licensed dog gets one free ride home), but they never answered the door and never picked him up even though they said they would. He was SO underweight. It was disgusting. His coat was dull, matted and filthy. He was really hand-shy. He still has fear-aggression issues we're working on, three years later. I don't know anything about his past but I think it'd be a pretty safe guess to say that he was abused and severely neglected.

I love the breed though. It'll be many, many years from now but I'd like to start breeding them some day.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Thats horrible with Kais breeder!! EEK!

We got our two from MacBarra kennels. They are fairly well known in the CKC with very good standing THey are a great kennel.
    I also dogsit for them when they go away as well. SOO much fun taking care of 12 Shelties! lol

I really hope he gets punish for that behaviour.. sounds like he should switch breeds to something a little more hardy with less maintenance!! lol
    Tymless Classic aka "Ty"

*raises hand*

Mickey was bought from a breeder here in Quebec (Premina Shelties - they have beautiful dogs and a good environment. I was happy with her). Mick's a three year old sable and white male.

I love the breed - granted they're pretty much the only breed I have personal experience with, but Mickey's just an amazing dog.

Your pups are adorable, by the way.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I'm getting a sheltie puppy either next year or the year after, whenever the bi-litter is planned. It will be from Sirona Shelties, and it will be either a bi-blue or bi-black. I'm hoping for a male, but we'll see how my male Belgian gets along with other males, and which pup has the best temperment and conformation.

This is the mother of my future pup, Taboo, with one of her puppies.
    I've been BOO'd!

Hey Wolf - that picture is hilarious lol

Shes like a little cow! lol Munching on that grass lol

I love blues Id' love to have a blue with two blue eyes
    Tymless Classic aka "Ty"

I have 1 sheltie. He's a sable male and he'll be two at the end of august. I got him from a breeder in Oshawa, just outside of pickering and Ajax,ON.
    Triadic Shelties
    This is the website if you're interested...
    http://www.geocities.com/triadic2000/

This is also a picture of his mother. She is so cute...That's him at the bottom(Benji)
    Last edited by lisahumphreys882; 06-07-2006 at 04:02 PM.

lisahumphreys882 - I think our Sheltie breeders used "Benny" before for a litter of theirs..

I COULD be mistaken though.. Our breeders are Pat Gram and Pat Lungh

(last names are probably spelled wrong) lol

They are such fabulous people!! VERY VERY knowledgable about their Shelties! hehe
    Tymless Classic aka "Ty"

nice shelties!!

There are sure a lot of people here with shelties...

I don't have one, but I absolutly adore the breed. They have such great personalities and are the happiest dogs. My grandpa's neighbor had a little male, but he recently died from old age.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I don't have a Sheltie, and I never have...but I have a little Sheltie fur cousin now!

His name is Panaris, and hes 7 weeks old. I'm not exactly sure what kennel they got him from though.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I have 2 shelties. (Bet you couldn't have guessed that from my name lol )

Emily Rose CD HIC aka Emily is my 9.5 year old pure-for sable girl. We got her from a byb before we really knew better.

Kintara Total Eclipse Bi Mystic CD HIC aka Clipse is my 6 year old bi-black boy. He comes from Kintara Shelties. His breeders had kept him to show but he went oversize and I got him when he was 7 months old.

*Thanks Ashley*

I used to, if that counts. Her name was Carly. We had to put her down though.

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

I joined this forum just to reply to this topic lol

I have one, he's Nikko, turning 6-mo in 2 weeks
    my parents bought him from a pet shop