• Baskin Robbins "31 Flavors"

15 25.00%
  • Dairy Queen

20 33.33%
  • other

25 41.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Baskin Robbins or Dairy Queen?

Ugh. Neither of those two come close to Graeter's Ice Cream! I think BR tastes like its cream has been frozen and thawed about fifty times over. DQ, at least here, seems to specialize in the soft serve stuff (as well as shake things and scary food) more than ice cream.

Coldstone IS good, but, the price is ridiculous, as is the stupid, loud, greeting. WHY does anyone think being screamed at the moment you walk into a door is good business practice? Sheesh.

Dairy Queen!! There is one really close to my house.

I don't think I've ever seen a Baskin Robbins before, but I've heard of it.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Both are ok, but nothing beats paradise island ice cream. So many flavors and they have the real thing, not soft serve like dairy queen. I like strawberry cheesecake ice cream. I like snobiz too. I hate coldstone, only three flavors and 16 add ins but it costs an arm and a leg for one scoop. No thank you, I'll pay my three bucks at paradise for a cone the size of my head. The opposite of coldstones melted mess is dip'n dots, which I dislike also. The dots were so cold I couldn't taste any of the flavoring at first, and when I did it tasted like dental flouride, ick.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Ugh. Neither of those two come close to Graeter's Ice Cream! I think BR tastes like its cream has been frozen and thawed about fifty times over. DQ, at least here, seems to specialize in the soft serve stuff (as well as shake things and scary food) more than ice cream.

Coldstone IS good, but, the price is ridiculous, as is the stupid, loud, greeting. WHY does anyone think being screamed at the moment you walk into a door is good business practice? Sheesh.
    Why would do they do? They scream at you? I've never heard them scream here.

Quote Originally Posted by shihtzulover850
    just wondering what is your favorite coldstone creation and have you tried the germanchocolatecake yet??
    I like 1/4 cheesecake 3/4 chocolate all mixed together! It is SOOOO good!!

Have not tried the german chocolate cake yet... it sounds amazing though... mmmm

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB*
    I voted for Dairy Queen, only because I love, love soft-serve ice cream! But really, I LOVE just about any brand of ice cream!
    Me too.

Ice-cream is my downfall.
    I love 31 flavors and on the cheaper side, Thrifty drug ice-cream
    is pretty good too.

----<---<--<{(@

I said other. I have boycott BR ever since I was given old icecream from there. We don't have too many DQ around us. I prefer the local ice cream stores.

*Nicole*

It's a little frozen custard place in Michigan. I never had frozen custard till I moved out there. There ain't nothing like it on this side of the planet!!

DQ?? Blech!!
    Basking Robbins?? Blech!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

around here we do not have a Local Dairy Queen, or Baskin Robbins. Our local I ce cream eatery is Jone's Humdinger!! I love it!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    Why would do they do? They scream at you? I've never heard them scream here.
    This is the 'standard' Coldstone greeting. This is what they go over in training...so, maybe the word 'screaming' is a little over the top, BUT, they are loud, and 'in your face' with the greeting, as they are trained to do. It isn't just Coldstone....I know a national coffee house that has instructions to their staff to 'greet' the person entering the store within a certain number of feet....so, if you do the math, with a counter 20 feet away, the greeting is somewhat loud by necessity to carry and cross the distance.

You are probably used to it, or not offended by it, but, I imagine the Coldstone near you trains their people the same way the Coldstone near me trains theirs...as it is a national chain.

Never tried Baskin Robbins. I really like Dairy Queen, though!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I had DQ today ^^
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    This is the 'standard' Coldstone greeting. This is what they go over in training...so, maybe the word 'screaming' is a little over the top, BUT, they are loud, and 'in your face' with the greeting, as they are trained to do. It isn't just Coldstone....I know a national coffee house that has instructions to their staff to 'greet' the person entering the store within a certain number of feet....so, if you do the math, with a counter 20 feet away, the greeting is somewhat loud by necessity to carry and cross the distance.

You are probably used to it, or not offended by it, but, I imagine the Coldstone near you trains their people the same way the Coldstone near me trains theirs...as it is a national chain.
    Well, I don't go that much anyway because of the prices. Coldstone is priced to high for me. I could just go to any supermarket and buy a carton of Ice Cream for way cheaper then I would pay for 4 dishes of ice cream at ColdStone.

But, I think I know what you mean. They are sort of loud when we go in(Like I said, which is rare.)