Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything else I can do?? ...I'm in SO much pain...

Is there anything else I can do?? ...I'm in SO much pain...

Ugg...I'm in SO much pain I can hardly stand it. I have been going tanning for about two months now, and I had two session things left. I've been going tanning because we are leaving on vacation on Saturday, and I wanted to be tan so I wouldn't fry when we went down south. WELL, yesterday I went tanning, and I only went for 15 min (usually go for 20) because they put new bulbs in the bed. Today, I went again, this time for 17. They said I could stay in for the two extra min. since it didn't bother me yesterday. When I got out, I was fine, but about 10-15 min. later, I was almost in tears. My WHOLE body is burnt, ALL red. I'm in so much pain, any movement hurts horribly. I can't even itch an itch without my eyes tearing up. My face looks like a tomato, even my lips are burnt. I took a cold shower, and applied burn spray. Is there anything else I can do to ease the pain?
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

ouch that sounds painful. I'm not sure what else you can do. Have you tried Aloe Vera gel?Thats what works best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101
    ouch that sounds painful. I'm not sure what else you can do. Have you tried Aloe Vera gel?Thats what works best for me.
    yeah that works the best on me too
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    When I was a kid and burned badly, my folks used to put me in the bathtub and pour in a bunch of white vinegar. That took the sting out. But, I think there are all kinds of aloe gels and sprays that you can buy and will help.

Please don't tan anymore. Take it from us older ladies. You just end up looking like a prune with age spots that have to be removed every now and then.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Owwwch! I'm sorry, I don't know what else you can do!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Please don't tan anymore. Take it from us older ladies. You just end up looking like a prune with age spots that have to be removed every now and then.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Trust me, I'm DONE. lol.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I don't think we have any aloe vera around, and we just got back from town. If I can't find any around here, I'll have to get my mom to pick up some tomorrow. The sucky thing is, we are leaving on vacation in less than two days..
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I'm so sorry. I agree with the others. My mom will NEVER ever let me tan at all for this reason. Don't tan anymore. I hope you feel better soon.

I've had some pretty bad burns..usually when it is sorta cool, maybe even overcast and I don't think about the sun being as strong. Aloe Vera and Advil works well for me.

One time, in Florida I got burnt so bad that I had extreme chills. My skin was really hot, and my body was shivering to try to cool it down. A cool shower, or even cool, wet rags helped cools the skin so I stopped shivering.

Hope your burn heals quickly!

that's why I will never go tanning at a tanning booth, I am too scared that I will get burnt badly. I hope you feel better soon! That sounds REALLY painful!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Not much you can do AFTER you've gotten burned. It's been a month since I got a 2nd degree burn from the sun, and it's still burnt to a crisp. Funny thing is, I used sunscreen every hour... but I still got a portion of my legs (both legs, symmetric parts got burnt) crisped. They don't hurt anymore - they're just still a really deep red. Oh well, better than hurting! But yeh, watch out for the sun or anything like that - 2nd degree burns are no fun.

Since you don't have any Aloe Vera (that stuff is WONDERFUL!!!!), do you have anything like oatmeal for an oatmeal bath? My parents used that on me when I had the chicken pox, but it does amazing things for sunburns too. It relieves any kind of skin irritation, like burns, itchies, etc.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Quote Originally Posted by buckner
    Since you don't have any Aloe Vera (that stuff is WONDERFUL!!!!), do you have anything like oatmeal for an oatmeal bath? My parents used that on me when I had the chicken pox, but it does amazing things for sunburns too. It relieves any kind of skin irritation, like burns, itchies, etc.
    We only have a little tiny bit of oatmeal. I guess I'll have to suck it up until tomorrow when I can get Aloe Vera.

Is aloe vera a lotion or a gel? Or is there both? If so, which one do I get?
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

We usually get the aloe vera gel.. It's cooler.

I think they have lotion too, but i'm not sure.

Anyway, I'd get the aloe vera gel...

A cool bath with baking soda.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    A cool bath with baking soda.
    Dang Karen you beat me! Also, even if you have just a very little bit of oatmeal, throw that in too.

Take some aspirin to help with the pain and do not tan again. Like someone else "my" age said, you'll have to deal with the "results" of this burn many years down the road with the spots and regular skin cancer checks. If I want to look tan, I use a self-tanner. There are many good ones on the market now; no reason to ruin my skin any more than it already has been from my suntanning follies in my youth. My days ot baking in the sun with only baby oil and iodine to "protect" me are long over.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

if you get aloe vera, make sure you get the gel/lotion WITHOUT alcohol. If it has alcohol in it it will just dry your skin further and not do a lot of good.