Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thursday 162=california beach!

I can assure you that Sara's tub has the right temperature!! So if it's too cold in the sea, I'll retire to there - and then I can have Don serve me drinks and spray sunlotion on me, and you won't believe it ...... I can sit in a blue armchair at the same time!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    But Ma would go in first, and say "C'mon in! It's just brisk!" And so we'd jump in to find the water was so cold we'd just about bounce back out!
    I know exactly the movement you mean, Karen, where people jump in and jump out so fast that it looks like a film being run backwards! The water can be awful cold round here. If you wade in, you can feel like your legs and caught in a vice!
    Last edited by Killearn Kitties; 06-02-2006 at 05:47 PM.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Ain't no such thing as cold water in California, is there? The CA water I've been in was like bathwater temperature!
    Ah, I see you've never been to Ocean Beach in San Francisco. Cold doesn't even begin to describe the water temperature!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

4. Quote Originally Posted by Karen

Ain't no such thing as cold water in California, is there? The CA water I've been in was like bathwater temperature!

Either she is talking about Baja California (southern tip) or Karen likes REALLY, REALLY cold baths.....

ES,

Chalk it up to a childhood swimming in the north atlantic. Our mother loved the beach, and we went regardless of the water temp. If Ma dove in and said "It's brisk" we knew we were going to freeze, but got used to it.

anyone for some steak on the grill? Bring a pitcher of slushies over and I'll start cooking!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Either she is talking about Baja California (southern tip) or Karen likes REALLY, REALLY cold baths.....

Only been in the Pacific at Venice Beach, San Diego and Aņa Nuevo. (And in Hawai'i, but I wasn't counting that, as it's not CA, and is even further south!)

You've gotta keep in mind that I grew up with the ocean meaning the North Atlantic, and we usually hit the water in Rhode Island, Maine, or off Rockport, MA, not in the sheltered and (slightly) warmer waters of Massachusetts Bay. Ma like "real waves" - so colder water was inevitable. In fact, Dad would yell us in to shore when he noticed lips turning blue from cold.

Hee hee - did a Google for ocean temperatures, and found the attached graphic representation of water temps where we swam: the light blue places!

(image from NOAA.gov)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Ah, I see you've never been to Ocean Beach in San Francisco. Cold doesn't even begin to describe the water temperature!
    LOL I know that! I got sucked into an undertow at that very beach. Of course I had no change of clothes

Lake Tahoe is pretty darn cold...its almost as if the darn lake just melted a day before! The lake never changes more than 5 degrees from winter to summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    ES,

Chalk it up to a childhood swimming in the north atlantic. Our mother loved the beach, and we went regardless of the water temp. If Ma dove in and said "It's brisk" we knew we were going to freeze, but got used to it.

anyone for some steak on the grill? Bring a pitcher of slushies over and I'll start cooking!
    You got it, LH! One pitcher of slushies coming up! Is that Orc trying to be a cabana boy?!

Orc as cabana boy....

Scary, ain't it?

I'd ask for cabana girls for equality, but LOH might not appreciate that....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Orc as cabana boy....

Scary, ain't it?

I'd ask for cabana girls for equality, but LOH might not appreciate that....
    LH, I'll do that! I'm a bachelor.

HEY!! ANYONE IN HERE????

Orc, do me a favor, help me with the dishes.

Mario, help me clean up in here too?

Lady, yes, you can help wash dishes.

Omelettes and Irish coffee anyone?

Late afternoon, a cool and rainy day. Anyone wanna join me in a pot of blueberry tea?

And for those on the beach, we can make iced blueberry tea - anyone game? No, Mario, not you, and no, there are no cherries involved. Why don't you go help the Orc with those towels.

Iced blueberry tea sounds great! We have been playing beach volleyball and my legs are killing me. I had to leave the game because Richard and Slick kept knocking us down lobbing the ball over the net. It is the pitts to be so short!

Mario, you and the orc play nicely together when you want to.............just look at the cute towel tent that you have made..........draped all over the beach chairs.

Oh no, Mario, why are all of the women's purses in there?

Anyone wanna skip the beach today and come to The Muttlies yard? We've got a pool, a hot tub, a bistro set in our garden, and we're in the process of putting in a waterfall.

Just be careful, if you don't want to get wet, DON'T sit by the pool!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I've heard blueberries are good for high blood pressure so fill me up, please?

Not a good check up yesterday. Won't drag you all down with all the boring details.

Mario, I know you love blueberries. Would you like a sip of my tea? Just a sip. Hey, come back here with that!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~