Thread: My poor Bijou suffered thru a another bad haircut ;-)

My poor Bijou suffered thru a another bad haircut ;-)

Though I haven't posted in ages, some of you might recall that my otherwise delightful, exuberant collie isn't very fond of being groomed and was kicked out of Petsmart's grooming salon Since then, I've brought her to my vet for sedated grooming...but today's grooming session reminds me that I really need to find a groomer skilled in both long-haired breeds like my rough coat girl and pups that aren't thrilled at being groomed in the first place! The vet assistant who handled Bijou's grooming today basically clipped her from head to toe -- my poor collie has no mane, no skirt and no real "rough collie" look to her anymore! She looks more like a smooth collie that's a bit unkempt, or maybe some kind of a fox. She's still pretty, to us, even though now I feel embarrassed to take her to our county's Dog Fest next week!

You can't really see how poorly she was clipped, but my little Bijou no longer has any fur on her rump! She looks so strange but she seems happy, so we'll just be grateful she's clean and trimmed up and we know her hair will grow back (soon, I hope!)

Last edited by tricollie4me; 05-31-2006 at 06:56 AM.

Is she banned from the petsmart grooming place now? I didn't know that could happen! Poor Bijou! She looks so mad lol she won't even look at the camera. She is still a pretty girl though.

Look at the bright side - Bijou will be nice & cool for a couple months, then furry & fluffy about the time it gets cool again! Either way, she's still a beautiful babe!

Awwww Bijou you look so beautiful

ooh, I can tell on her butt! The good thing is though that it's just hair and it'll grow back with time.

Niņo & Eliza

Well, I guess you can call it her summer coat! She still looks like the beautiful ol' Bijou that she always is!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Maltese Love - yes, they basically said to come get my girl and don't ever come back Evidently, she did some fear biting and several of the Petsmart groomers at our location are not very highly trained (for example, the person who did Bijou's prior grooming a few months before the fear biting incident told me she'd be gone from the salon for several weeks -- to go to grooming school, lol!). I actually think that Petsmart played a large part in Bijou's fear and dislike of being groomed. They have so many dogs go through their salon in a day that they use a tight schedule/routine to groom their dogs -- for those pups that are easygoing or have short coats, it's no problem. For dogs that require a little more TLC or have greater needs for grooming it's harder to stick to the schedule -- pups like my Bij end up getting treated a bit harshly (I've seen/heard this) and it's no wonder that pups with sensitive temperaments end up highly reactive to that style of grooming.

In any case, the times I've taken her for sedated grooming at my vet, they've said she's done great, requiring very little meds and not showing any fear biting at all. My girl is definitely a lover, not a fighter

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone -- I miss Bijou's fluffy coat, her mane and her skirt, but it will surely grow back. Perhaps next time I have her groomed, I'll bring a photo of a full rough coat and say "This is what she should look like afteward!"

Any future dogs will have short/easy care coats!!
    Last edited by tricollie4me; 05-31-2006 at 07:59 AM.

[QUOTE=tricollie4me
    Any future dogs will have short/easy care coats!! [/QUOTE]

Oh, but then you'll miss brushing long pretty fur!

Bijou, you're pretty no matter how short your haircut!

Hopefully I'll have Bijou for many, many years to come...she's just under two years old now, so I have lots of heavy-duty brushing in my future no matter what It would be lovely if Bijou could come to enjoy home-grooming.

...I do love the short coats too and would love to own a hound or a pointer!

she doesn't look bad from the pictures. you can sort of tell that her rear end did get way to close.

Awww, poor Bijou! She's still gorgeous, though!

Aw Bijou, Huney said the haircut isn't that bad. Her's is similar to yours since I can't seem to get them to understand how I want her hair done either

But if your anything like her, your hair will be grown out in no time!
    You look gorgeous either way girl!

Guess we just like that long flowing hair don't we
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowing hair.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	28132   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cut hair.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	28133  

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets