Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good thoughts for me please...

Good thoughts for me please...

I have Thrush. Which is an oral fungus infection.

it all started with a sore throat, then sunday nite, it came in full throttle. i couldnt eat, drink, swallow. then by 2 or 3 in the morning on monday i couldnt breathe. quite scary...upset and crying cuz im hungry and thirsty. plus i cant sleep because i have to spit every couple of seconds. so i cry, then my nose gets clogged and i cant breathe, i freak out and cry more. frustrating cuz i need to calm down to clear my nose and breathe. around and around.

earlier that day i did the salt and water thing, ice chips, cough syrup, etc.

so my dad takes me to the E.R. at 3am. they give me some vicadin for the pain and some other liquid medicine to attack the fungus. (everyone has this fungus and bacteria, just sometimes it can overtake, which is what happened to me)

so now im bedridden, i can eat some yogurt once or twice a day (with pain). i gotta take some medicine when i wake up, two others every 6 hours and then some before bed. i still cant drink much, and swallowing is like hell, so i still gotta spit.

please send me some good thoughts to help me with this stupid infection. my throat is sooo sore. please please please, id be eternally grateful!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

You poor thing. You are right, thrush is not a big deal, take your medicine and you'll be fine. Get better.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

UGHHH That must hurt terribly!!! {{{{PRAYERS}}}} {{{HUGS}}}

Sounds pretty painful. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Good healing thoughts coming your way

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh my... I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so terrible. (((Hugs))) and good thoughts for a speedy recovery are on your way from Indiana!

Feel better soon!

That doesn't sound fun at all... Keep rested & your body will fight it beter

Wrong Prognosis!

so i went back to the hospital and they said it was alittle funny that i have no other symptoms, like cough, runny nose, fever. plus its alittle uncommon for an adult to have thrush. so they did a throat culture and some blood work and are gonna get back to me.

they also thought it was strange that the vicodin wasn't even helping to much.

But i have been able to drink alittle water!!!
    im soo happy, yet still soo thirsty.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

~Kari~

glad you are a little better

thanks i still cant wait til the test results come back.

i doubt ill make it to my high school graduation

~Kari~

I'm sorry you are so sick. Doesn't sound fun at all. Prayers on the way.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Oh, Kari, I am so sorry. Sore throats are the worst. Did they test you for strep throat? Did you go to the Delnor ER or Mercy? It is upsetting that they misdiagnosed you too.

When I have a sore throat I like to drink lots of seltzer water with crushed ice, and of course ice cream feels good going down.

I do hope you will feel better real soon.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

ouch!!! Sounds so painful!! I am sorry!! (((HUGS)))
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Ah Kari, that sounds awful. Sending out some healing vibes, I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Did they test you for strep throat?
    yes, they took a throat culture to test everything in there, and some blood just in case it was something deeper.

Did you go to the Delnor ER or Mercy?
    Delnor is closer to us. plus my mom works at GFP which is behind it.

but it does suck, i couldnt have ice chips, ice cream; everything i had to swallow and that hurt sooooo baddddd!

and how am i supposed to get better when i cant eat or drink anything to give myself energy?! i was basically wasting away.

but now i can sip alittle water and some "mushy" food, like smoothies, mcdonalds cheeseburgers (one good reason they're not the best quality! )

im slowly slowly getting better, but i still doubt goin to the BHS graduation tomorro.

~Kari~

aw. well I hate you are going to miss your high school graduation.. but I am really glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I wish you a speedy recovery.