Thread: I Hate Petstores!!!

I Hate Petstores!!!

Uggghhhhhhhhh

I went to drop off Ted and Baby today to get them fixed and the vet was closed, there was a local pet shop that look run down but we decided to have a look anyways. It said closed on Sunday but we could see inside and there were 2 pure white Lionhead bunnies there a momma and her baby and they had no food and no water seeing as there were shavings in the water dish...and there was noone in there taking care of them!!! Not to mention they didnt even have room to strech out and lay. Grrrr I guess were gonna be phoning animal aid. but were going back on Tuesday to pick up Ted and Baby so I'm gonna go in there and you better belive there gonna get yelled at!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Lets hope that the water had just been tipped and nobody was in yet that day. Though the most likely story is the animals are left on weekends on their own. I hope you can straighten them out. Did you have a vet appointment?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

poor bunnies! ya know some petstores don't even go in and care for the animals on days they are closed. just like they are "items" that you can ignore on your day off.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

It is like that at our local Petcetera too. In one rabbit enclosure, there was more poop than shavings. The bird cages are always filthy and they escape everyday. They need more educated, caring employees, or they need to be shut down. I still prefer the little pet stores that don't sell animals, that way I'm not supporting the ones that don't take care of their animals.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Gah.. I don't even see why people buy from stores like that! You know people are buying if the place is still in bussiness.
    Thats why I only buy my smaller animals from the petstore in town, they are wonderful when it comes to care (they're a bit pricey, though. But pricey is better than keeping animals in horrid care!).

Poor, poor bunnies. I really hope they will get rescued from that awful place And you go girl, yell as much as you want at them!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Lets hope that the water had just been tipped and nobody was in yet that day. Though the most likely story is the animals are left on weekends on their own. I hope you can straighten them out. Did you have a vet appointment?
    Baby and Ted have gone to be nutered
    See ALL my pets here

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Baby and Ted have gone to be nutered

Who is Baby?
    Is her your other bunny?
    poor rabbits Hope that place gets shut down

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_caique
    Who is Baby?
    He's another rabbit buttercup has. He's a lionhead.

I know what you mean! It's absolutly awful. The people who are responsible for them should be put in a tiny cage w/ no food or water and see how they feel!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

UGH! That's completely sick. I suggest you do yell at them for this. Good luck to you!

My mom said we might be able to pick up the buns today(YAY!!!! i miss my Tedder)
    So I'll be sure to pop in and give them a peice of my mind GRRRRRR
    See ALL my pets here

That's just sad Maybe you should volunteer there, to help them out a little bit? Or maybe rescue them from the horrible pet store?

EDIT:
    My mom said we might be able to pick up the buns today(YAY!!!! i miss my Tedder)
    Oh, didn't see that post, I'm glad you might be able to rescue them You might want to try and voulenteer there to help the other animals there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Oh, didn't see that post, I'm glad you might be able to rescue them You might want to try and voulenteer there to help the other animals there, though.
    I think she means to pick up her rabbits from the vet..

Quote Originally Posted by flamepony12
    I think she means to pick up her rabbits from the vet..
    Ya I did.

Zoomer I did volunteer there when I was like 10 (ya thats how bad they are, they let 10 yr old volunteer)
    I left there because they are so dumb and I TRIED helping but would get in trouble, like I would take puppies out to exersise them (wich would unfortunitly boost sales)but nooo cant do that I'd get in trouble.. One time there was a lepord gecko and it was so emiciated and all the bigger ones would pick on it and it has half its tail gone, his foot chewed off, and one of his legs were deformed and they STILL didnt seperate him from the others. And he was so freindly too.
    See ALL my pets here