Thread: Is This Week "Found Dog" Week, or what?

Is This Week "Found Dog" Week, or what?

All day today I've heard this barking from a smaller dog or pup. I'd assumed it was the neighbor's below us dog since theirs is always out loose, never chained or leashed. And it annoyed me because the dog barking got my two riled up and barking, and mine never bark!

Tonight it started storming before I left work, POURING rain, harsh thunder and loud lightning. HJ and I were sitting inside enjoying dinner around 10:30 when the barking starts up, again. This time it really annoyed me, I was about to call our landlord. Not just the barking but the fact that someone would leave a dog outside during a thunderstorm! A few minutes later the barking stopped, but we heard weird noises at our front door. We just thought our roommate was home and was trying to unlock the door. The noise stopped, but nobody came in. And it immediately got the attention of my two pups. They RAN over to the door and started sniffing the crack. A few minutes later, they were STILL THERE, so I ask HJ, "is somebody outside??" and he gets up to look, and says "there is a little white dog sitting outside our door!"

So I told him, "Well open the door and bring him inside!! Its pouring outside!!" So he opened the door and scooped the little guy up.. he's soaked, filthy, cold and wet. It looks like he's been taken care of, he's not underweight and his coat looks like it was trimmed not too long ago!

So we put him (unneutered male, by the way) in Jamie's crate and HJ left to drive around and knock on a few doors.

Oh did I mention he has no tags or even a collar??

He is barking his high pitched bark now non-stop, its quite annoying.... but I know he's just scared and misses his parents. I just hope he doesn't keep this up all night, or we find someone tonight. HJ ran to the security office at the front of the resort place, and its only a one minute drive though he's been gone for awhile, hopefully he found somebody!!!

facebook

Poor guy! I do hope the owner contacts you soon, if he/she hasn't already. You should give them a little advice about keeping tags on him AND neutering him! I know how tough that can be, finding a dog that you know isn't very well-kept. You want to find their owners, but in a way you would rather keep/re-home them! Good luck, hopefully his collar just happened to slip off or not be on at the time.

It IS dog-finding day! Must have something to with... moon phases... or something? I was playing with Gonzo & Fozzie in the backyard today, and they both raced over to the side gate out of nowhere. I peeked over and there was a little fawn Boxer girl sitting there wanting to come in and play. Luckily, she had tags and I just had to walk down the block and hand her off to the owner's concerned neighbors. They said she NEVER gets out, and the garage door was left open so she must've gone out of the dog door and gotten through the garage. It's great what a simple collar & tags could do!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Yup I read your thread! And she was GORGEOUS!!

Well he has walked around and sniffed every inch of the place and has not marked anything yet... of course, I don't know him, but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt. And if he was a marker, I'm sure he would have marked something already, right? Considering our previous roommate's dog marked EVERYTHING in sight, this guy is doing good!

I suppose we can leave him out all night to roam the apartment, of course HJ told me if he poos or pees anywhere in the house *I* have to clean it up lol

And nope, no information yet! Hopefully someone calls tomorrow... HJ left his information at the front office!

I did give him a bath, though, he was filllllllllllthy!! And after it was all said and done, he feels really bony. I tried giving him food, but he wants nothing to do with it. Maybe tomorrow!

facebook

Ohh ddear not another one I found a American Bulldog yesterday but I knew whos she was and was very skiddish but at the time I didnt know they wanted her back so I didnt grab her. Took a long time to get her back or even be caught her owner was very mad that she gave up and was going home..and then the dog ran in the road so she ran back and finally caught her.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

awww. poor thing. EVERYONE IS FINDING STRAYS!!! i hope you can find his owners.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

How sweet of you to take him in!

Goodness...another found dog? Wow. Jessika what kind of dog was it?
    I hope you find his owners soon. Good luck!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Wow, I guess it is found dog week! Hope you find his owners soon...any possibility for pictures??

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Wow, another found dog! The dog sounds like a doll, I sure hope you find his owner soon. Any pictures, by chance?

Wow, lots of found dogs this week!! I hope you can find his mom and dad soon!! Poor guy must be scared!! I hope he's stoped barking for you though!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

That was right after we we found him

It looks as though he's been loose for some time, though. He is NOT getting along with Double-Oh at all, and barks and whines almost constantly for no apparent reason. There is a no-kill shelter nearby I think we will bring him to. Not that we don't have time but in our current situation he just doesn't fit. I feel awful saying that, but he isn't getting along with our current pets (except Charlie... lol) and does not seem happy at all. He is also underweight and very bony which tells me he has been loose for awhile (or if he hasn't been loose then someone did not take care of him properly to begin with).

Otherwise, he is REALLY good indoors! Hasn't peed or pooped inside, hasn't marked anything inside, a really good boy! I wish we could give him a little more time, but I don't think our sanity would last that long, to be honest.

facebook

Someone else said that word had gotten out that the pters were the people to go to if you were a lost dog. poor dog!

Awwwww! He's beautiful! Glad you took him in. If he's so good in the house he must have been in a home at some point. I hope you find his owners!

It is found dog week lol!

what a cutie! atleast he'll be at a no-kill shelter.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.